Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Clicks And Pops

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Clicks And Pops

Postby DSPRU1 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:43 am

I have two examples here that need a fix without complicated envelopes. One is clicking only during note on and off and the other while the note is held and the Step LFO is running. I want to eliminate all smoothing knobs and envelopes and have the clicks and pops solved without adding any extra load on the CPU. Any ideas ?

Moderator comment: The schematics are created with an alpha or beta version so won’t open in FS 3.08.1 or earlier.
Attachments
WaveXFade 007.fsm
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 367 times
WaveXFade 006.fsm
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 350 times
DSPRU1

Re: Clicks And Pops

Postby martinvicanek » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:15 am

The problem is if you don't use envelopes, then the voice will disappear in the moment when you release the key. There is no time left to mute gracefully. You could use a simple Attack-Release-envelope to solve that issue.
martinvicanek

Re: Clicks And Pops

Postby DSPRU1 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:34 pm

I tried to use envelopes but the wave sequence faded out even when I kept holding the key. Another problem is that if I want to create a wave sequence with 64 samplers and each one has it's own separate envelope it really overloads the CPU too much. I have to look at the multi sample example. That one can create create a multi sample (SFZ) drum program without using so many envelopes. And i didn't hear any clicks or pops in that example.
DSPRU1

Return to User Examples