Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

ultimate shape editor (workflow)

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: ultimate shape editor (workflow)

Postby tester » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:11 pm

I use that kind of shapes for quality reasons, up to 4k (not 4000k) for oscillators (which are also in LFO and slow LFO domain), up to 16k/32k to feed the FFT filters.

As for converting your pack to ruby, technically it shouldn't be too difficult from what I see, i.e. it doesn't require ruby specific knowledege/skills. I guess I would start by reverse engineering Martin's work (one of the drawers in schematic), the part where he implements his interpolators. Conceptually, there is a loop, and section of samples in an array plus some basic equations in a loop cycle. But I'm leaving it up to the end for now, at the moment I'm wiring the randomizder pathways and basic idea on what can be done per such shape with it.
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby tester » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:15 pm

Fresh update, can be found on the beginning of the first page.
All contributions (related to draw graphs modes) that can fit the missing holes are welcome.
All ideas that add new concepts are welcome too.

BTW, I remember, there was somewhere a ruby project, that attempted to draw curves according to a math formula/function. Can someone link it here?
tester

Postby tester » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:30 pm

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but did anyone attempted to test in FS, whether ruby is able to do some image processing, stuff like brightness/contrast and so on, in more advanced style? I have a glimpse of a memory that I saw something like that in recent years...
tester

Postby tester » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:49 pm

Slowly, in v.7, I'm starting to see, how the design will look like and what it will do.
tester

Postby tester » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:46 pm

I added some more stuff to the project.

Current version nr 15 is mostly complete in terms of gui and features. There are some output processes wired, like normalizer routines and stuff like that.

What is mostly done and is already usable, is image to array converter. It allows to do two major things. Convert some scientific graph to array (for wavetable/lfo or fft) or perform sonification of a photo.(spectra or horizontally or vertically).

Currently, this feature operates on composite channels only, but there are some plans to figure out how to do it on real colors. Contributions are welcome. This is not thought for realtime preview, but from what I see, it operates pretty fast with data I'm in touch.

I replaced step drawer with green optimized version of mine. The problem with ruby stepdrawer of that type is, that it drops values at fast mouse pointer motion, I don't know, maybe someone has a clue how to make it properly? Because this doesn't happen with the green version. On the other hand, the green version is limited to 1000 steps (vis loop has no limit override).

More to come.

A ruby based free line drawer, that converts the line to array (of a given size) would be welcome at this point.
// nevermind, I just realized how easy this can be done using few greens :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tester

Postby tester » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:41 am

FreeDrawer is ready, initial symmetrized editor too (added only to step drawer for testing), audio live capture for wavecycle and FFT graph as well. See updates on first page.

As for wavecycle, I'm starting to wonder if there is some dimensionality graph (like these color mixers) for singlecycle based qualities of audible sound. Definately pitch with some limit, and amplitude.Definately some purity dirtiness, softness vs harshnness. Any thoughts how these qualities are contained?
tester

Postby tester » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:28 pm

iteration 20 adds 2 big tools: tools for batch processing (mostly complete, operates on wav, txt and csv files) and math function generator.

As for the math function generator, some say, that "using eval in ruby is evil". I don't think so, I'm not rubyist. Anyway, in this case, I think a simple string filter should be enough for most cases. If not - try to break it and share what's wrong.

A short note: if math function is not compatible with ruby syntax, the module will get red, indicating error. From what I noticed, this is rather just a visual issue, and only within the schematic, not export. Anyone has an idea, whether error message from ruby module - can be passed to the output, so that it can be used in the main schematic as some sort of indicator?

And one more thing, if you know some interestinglly looking math functions, share them too, I will add them to presets.
tester

Postby tester » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:37 pm

I think I just finalized the "Weighted randomizer" part for my project. It's something relatively well adjustable, see the description in schematic. It's useful for generating organic noises and modulators. @biliv - something for you ;-)

btw, can someone provide a quick ruby way for converting sequence of ranges into array of datapoints?

to give an example.

ranges:

resulting array:

// edit:
- updated version
- produces interesting effects at wavetable freq lower than 0.01Hz
Attachments
weighted-rnd-016.fsm
(29.04 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
tester

Postby tester » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:46 pm

The weighted randomizer is almost ready.
At least all crucial elements are there and it seems to work correctly.

I humanized it a little bit.
tester

Postby tester » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:26 am

I updated and fixed the weighted randomizer, hopefully there are no more bugs.
Major addition is crusher for coverage per timeranges and a sort of bit crusher per span values.
This adds some granulation on demand for both of these.

Leaving the old one "as is" in previous post, as there might be some concepts useful for others.

Now it's time to integrate it into the main design.
Attachments
weighted-rnd-021.fsm
(48.83 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
tester

Previous

Return to General