Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Newbie question. Mixing Poly and Mono in schematics?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Newbie question. Mixing Poly and Mono in schematics?

Postby R&R » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:59 am

pots.jpg
pots.jpg (63.78 KiB) Viewed 4802 times

:roll:

:? :lol:
R&R

Postby Spogg » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:05 am

I may have seen that in a dream. If not, I will now.
Spogg

Postby R&R » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:55 am

If not, I will now.

Just sharing some nightmares. Sorry 'bout that... :D
R&R

Postby R&R » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:19 am

:shock: :(

Bummer...

Error.jpg
Error.jpg (29.95 KiB) Viewed 4721 times

Flowstone crashes when trying to save the .fsm project file.

I think I've encountered some kind of unintentional limit in FS 3.081. Haven't identified what yet. I suspect I am pushing the sizes of the bitmaps in my bitmap prims to much, and this is making FS unstable. Maybe due to memory handing?
There aren't that many bitmap prims, but the bitmaps are large in height (knob strips).
Either that, or I have to much "stuff" in a view, which would make less sense than a bitmap prim problem.

Does FS save a log somewhere?
R&R

Postby R&R » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:53 am

Either that, or I have to much "stuff" in a view, which would make less sense than a bitmap prim problem.

Well OK then, Fine!! Too much stuff in a view/module it is!... :lol:

Probably due to one of these causes:
* Too many wireless connectors inside module/at this certain level
* Too many visible graphical elements, iow together with modules+wireless connectors etc
* Slight incompatibility with my graphics? (built in i7 iRIS)

Always happened trying to save file after copying/creating/dragging in "one more" wireless connection, module or prim (don't know which of these action was the cause).

So... this might have to do with graphical handling and... memory involved? I don't really understand why FS crashes just when saving though, but FS might be due for a crash after copying/creating one more "thing"... which only just manifests itself when saving the .fsm file.

Anyway... consolidated and moved some connections/modules inside their own module. Seems to have solved it :? hopefully...
Last edited by R&R on Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
R&R

Postby Spogg » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:13 am

I’m not sure why this is happening but we totally recommend using 3.06 rather than 3.08.1. You might find that if you open the schematic in 3.06 you’ll be fine.

The other thing I should mention is that if you click on the X to close FS, and the schematic has been changed, it’s not a good idea to click on Save at that point. Click on Cancel and save it from the File menu, and then close FS. I found that occasionally the first method would sometimes create a corrupt schematic.
Spogg

Postby R&R » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:22 am

I’m not sure why this is happening but we totally recommend using 3.06 rather than 3.08.1. You might find that if you open the schematic in 3.06 you’ll be fine.

I probably should :)

The other thing I should mention is that if you click on the X to close FS, and the schematic has been changed, it’s not a good idea to click on Save at that point. Click on Cancel and save it from the File menu, and then close FS. I found that occasionally the first method would sometimes create a corrupt schematic.

I don't think I've encountered that one :lol: since by habit I only save using Ctrl-S... but very good tip to avoid "Close X and then Save" combination...
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:35 pm

8-)

OutOfMemory.jpg
OutOfMemory.jpg (6.76 KiB) Viewed 4677 times

Even the universe is against my synth plugin :lol:

Pretty sure my project is to large for 32-bit versions of FS.
Trying right now to remove junk I don't need... and reducing my bitmaps somewhat. Even if I use global bitmapstrip loaders, each knob fed by those bitmaps might be eating up memory... despite the bitmap prims being centralized.

Maybe it has something to do with graphics ram and not system ram... who knows.
R&R

Postby R&R » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:22 pm

Phew! Finally finished with version 0.35...

Damn. That was a tedious overhaul :P Totally worth it in regards to knob performance though.

Thanks Spogg for that earlier post 8-)
Funny thing is, I used a simpler version of the same knob you posted for my shifter knobs all along. Didn't notice the huge difference in performance until doing some profiling as MV put it...

Now I can get some rest from FS... for a while... before adding all the rest missing in the plugin :roll: :lol:

Added MVs parabola waveform for my LFOs ;)
And... also some stepped LFO waveforms (decimation?) made using polyint prims :lol: Had to be done, period. For some Atari Commodore style pitch modulation. The stepping has more aliasing than anything, ever, in the history of everything. Glad it's in the LFO atleast lol
R&R

Postby R&R » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:05 pm

Aaaaw. Damnit.

Nope. Not satisfied... and... noticed a lot of misses I made... even from the start :(

So... naturally... working on a version 0.4.

Also determined to modulate the free LFO's as well. Alot of nice prims in FS4. But I'm not ready to move to FS4 :D
So have to replace schematics before exporting every new version.

But of course...
As soon as I start messing with "mono <--> poly" things become "troublesome" and less stable :lol: :lol: :lol:
Everything seems to works as intended in the plugin. But now (with my alterations to the LFO's) the plugin regularly breaks my sounddevice or asio drivers instead. I have to de/reactivate the sounddevice when this happens. LOL
This is too funny :D

Btw
Spogg can you recommend a good slider?
I need to add like 200+ sliders to my plugin? ;) Personally I hate sliders :lol: but atleast they won't look like regular sliders in the end...
R&R

PreviousNext

Return to General