Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Preset management tutorial

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Preset management tutorial

Postby tulamide » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Spogg wrote:
tulamide wrote:I wonder if we are allowed to talk about not just this, but all the new stuff, in public? I never asked, but normally developers prefer to get things done before announcing them?

Yeah but that's normally :lol:

Seriously, I didn't get asked to sign a NDA or even keep it quiet and personally I think it will do a lot of good if folk see that good stuff is coming. I guess the worst that could happen is that someone might delay buying a licence until the next release.

Yes, it's certainly meant for the best, and I don't doubt that. But alpha versions are not set in stone. Functionality that's in now can be removed for any reason tomorrow. It wouldn't be very good to talk about a feature that might not be in the final beta. Imagine Maik faces unrecoverable issues with the ordering feature and decides to remove it to prevent crashes. We should make this a topic for the guys in charge.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby adamszabo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:56 pm

My comment was totally innocent, but I think they dont mind it at all, its only positive that people see FlowStone is alive and kicking!
adamszabo

Postby TrendSetter » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:45 am

It would be great to understand how the preset manager formats the .txt files into 2 columns, so that it can save/load multiple arrays.

For example, if you have a SM Multi Stage Envelope, you can begin to format a string and save one of the arrays - but how do you number each parameter in the first column?
- Because this would have to be done repeatedly for the MSEG. Ideally all of the parameters would also be preserved, just as it is in the preset manager.
They would have to be loaded and appropriated internally without opening multiple dialogs.
I've also tried to reverse engineer the preset manager directly, in several ways to see if I could make one specifically for the MSEG because saving and loading MSEGs like Serum's LFOs would be absolutely amazing. :D
TrendSetter

Postby lalalandsynth » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Excellent stuff , great help, thanks !
lalalandsynth

Postby Spogg » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:01 pm

The tutorial is now updated to v 1.2 and is in the first post.
So you don't have to read it again this is what I added:

FAQ: But I have 100+ parameters so how can I go through them all checking for the odd duplication?

The easiest way I’ve found is to copy the text into Word or any word processor that supports alphabetic sorting. Select all the text in Word and click the sort button, choosing Paragraph. It will then be much easier to see duplicate lines. If you have large numeric array values you can just page through these since the sorting will put them at the start of the sorted document.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby rocknrollkat » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:13 pm

I just discovered this tutorial, thanks Spogg !
I saved the entire post as well, so much to learn !

ROXY :D
rocknrollkat

Postby anjey_olaf » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:34 pm

Hello friends. I installed FS 3.0.9 B2 and wanted to find the order parameter and FXP / FXB in the preset manager, but I did not find any mention of it. Is there an order of parameters and FXP / FXB in the beta version?
anjey_olaf

Postby adamszabo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:40 pm

No its not in those betas. It will come in a totally new version
adamszabo

Postby lalalandsynth » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:15 pm

So, say you make a VST with some default presets,this preset manager is set to open a fixed folder User -Documents-VSt-Presets. The user then makes a new preset and saves it , all is fine so far.
But when the user opens up the vst again he is back to only the defaults and none of his own presets.

I realize that you cannot write into the Dll but there must be a way to autoload all presets on startup in the daw ?
Assuming you use a fixed folder.

Also, lets say that you want to use Grouped presets.
Bass
Synth
Fx etc .
And the user might want to add a group , could the preset manager be told that each folder within the specified main folder is a group and then show any additional folders made by the user? And even groups with those groups ?
This is how it works in for example Serum and is very convenient.

serum.jpg
serum.jpg (225.12 KiB) Viewed 27478 times
lalalandsynth

Postby Spogg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:42 am

I agree that what you would like would be really nice but personally I have no idea how that could be achieved with what we have in FlowStone.

I strongly suspect it’s not possible but if anyone else knows a method please speak up!

Regarding the saving of presets made and modified in the DAW, the project file (song) from the DAW should re-open the presets when reloaded. But the plugin itself won’t retain the new presets. One way round this might be to export the bank as fxb, and then that fxb could be imported into a newly loaded plugin (I haven’t tried this).

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to General