Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Unlimited Size WAV Record V0.4

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Unlimited Size WAV Record V0.4

Postby aronb » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Youlean wrote:OK, so both of you will need saving to wav file. So, so far this would be the dll:

up to 6 channel recording
    abs average for every channel (not sure what tester actually meant for that)
    saving to wav
    "hop" feature for saving every 2nd, 3rd etc sample
    button to start recording
    output to send trigger when file was saved to HDD

This all would be 100e so far.

In order to start formalizing this incredible new module / DLL :D

Here is a possible starting point (empty modules but shows what we may need). There are 2 different modules. One is simple and the other is full featured.

Please feel free to edit, discuss, and / or change please !!! ;)

I think the "Average" should actually be the "Envelope" of the input signal, for graphing purposes. I do not need this but it may be a nice feature to have 8-)

FS_Wave_Recorder_01.fsm
Wave Recorder
(2.13 KiB) Downloaded 992 times

Aron
aronb

Postby Youlean » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:08 pm

Nicely done aronb.

Indeed it would be nice to have float array graph of audio. I could also add graph size so you can tweak how big the array would be for example 1min of audio should be 100 points...
Youlean

Postby Youlean » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Not sure what tester thinks about this project too. Also, do you guys really want to fund this or not..? :D
Youlean

Postby aronb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:03 am

Youlean wrote:Not sure what tester thinks about this project too. Also, do you guys really want to fund this or not..? :D

Hi Youlean,

Did I read the thread above correctly :? as 50 EUR to 100 EUR (approx. 58 USD to 116 USD) to do the project OR was that each DLL?

Do you take PayPal?

Does this include a bit of tweaking on the code to make sure all is good?

I can help you with testing of course...

I am serious and I am just trying to get a good idea of costs / deliverables / help you might need, etc. :D

Aron
aronb

Postby Youlean » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:22 am

aronb wrote:
Youlean wrote:Not sure what tester thinks about this project too. Also, do you guys really want to fund this or not..? :D

Hi Youlean,

Did I read the thread above correctly :? as 50 EUR to 100 EUR (approx. 58 USD to 116 USD) to do the project OR was that each DLL?

Do you take PayPal?

Does this include a bit of tweaking on the code to make sure all is good?

I can help you with testing of course...

I am serious and I am just trying to get a good idea of costs / deliverables / help you might need, etc. :D

Aron

For 100 EUR you will get compiled dll with all connections ready to be used, but without source code.
Yes I do take PayPal.
I am not sure what you meant by tweaking the code. I will make sure that everything works and that it is efficient.
Youlean

Postby aronb » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:02 pm

Youlean,

This is getting good now :D

I have a question because I do not know how you do what you :ugeek: are coding, and because of the way I want to use this in the end.

Would it be possible to use this (programed the DLL or another one?) to play back a song (a wave file) while recording the data (6 channels) to another file? Let me explain...

Think of it like a recording studio, where you have a song that you are adding instruments to. In my case the "instruments" are control signals for either lighting or animatronics or water fountain jets, etc.
In use, I will start / play the song and then push record to capture the 6 channel data (at the system sample rate) while I "perform" the animation or effects. Then I push stop, and save the file of just the 6 channel data. Then I may do another take, push play listen to the music, push record and perform more effects, then push stop, and save the 6 channel data.

Another addition might be the same as the above with the option of playing back the music and the recorded data within Flowstone together, to make sure the "take" was good - basically to see if I manipulated the data correctly to the music, and it was a good take. And again if needed I could redo the take...

Of course I could just listen to the music on another player and then record in Flowstone, but to have it within Flowstone makes it convenient AND makes sure the time (sample rate) of the music and performed effects would be perfectly in sync because the same sample clock is used (I hope :?: ).

I realize this will be more programming but if it is possible then fine. I would love to work with you, and this may be just the start of future work. If you want we can PM each other to discuss the details.

Thanks for even entertaining this idea. I can even give another example too if you want in order to make it clear. I did another post some time ago (see: http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2058). This was an older idea, but shows how my thought process started... Play back music and add data to a file. My initial concept was to make a timeline editor, but just a way to record and playback would be just as useful.

Thanks for answering this question, I am super excited about what this brings to Flowstone for me especially and my lighting / effects work!!!

Aron
aronb

Postby Youlean » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Sure, I can make 6 channel wav player too. Flowstone currently has an audio stream module but it is limited to 2 channels only. That + everything above will be 150E. :D
Youlean

Postby aronb » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Youlean wrote:Sure, I can make 6 channel wav player too. Flowstone currently has an audio stream module but it is limited to 2 channels only. That + everything above will be 150E. :D

Youlean,

I am putting together a few more things concerning how the module / DLL should work. You of course can tell me I am crazy after you read it :lol:

I started thinking in more detail about how this will be used. It may affect your price, and that is OK too.

Aron
aronb

Postby Youlean » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:09 pm

aronb wrote:
Youlean wrote:Sure, I can make 6 channel wav player too. Flowstone currently has an audio stream module but it is limited to 2 channels only. That + everything above will be 150E. :D

Youlean,

I am putting together a few more things concerning how the module / DLL should work. You of course can tell me I am crazy after you read it :lol:

I started thinking in more detail about how this will be used. It may affect your price, and that is OK too.

Aron

OK, let me know what you have in your mind... ;)
Youlean

Previous

Return to User Examples