Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Multiple monitors

For general discussion related FlowStone

Multiple monitors

Postby Asbjørn » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:11 pm

Does FlowStone have support for multiple monitors? I need three in my application.
Asbjørn

Re: Multiple monitors

Postby admin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:53 pm

Multiple monitors usually appear to the PC as one big monitor, so you just need to make you FlowSone GUI wide enough.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Asbjørn » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Thanks, but that requires all monitors to be the same resolution to work well.
I was planning to have one, maybe two, 16:9 monitor for video, and one 4:3 for telemetry.
Asbjørn

Postby Asbjørn » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:42 am

How do I make the GUI wide enough? I was able to fit the first screen (1920x1080) on the front panel of my module, but that's about as big as I can get it. The workspace isn't wide enough for any bigger front panels.
Asbjørn

Postby Asbjørn » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:48 am

Not possible?
Asbjørn

Postby sal » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:41 pm

hello,
i think it depends on the video driver and i remember on my old pc that ati catalyst was capable of using multiple monitors as one big screen, so in that case full screen fills all monitors, but on my actual nvidia based pc, that's not possible, because full screen expands only on the monitor where the application is launched.
In my opinion you have 2 alternatives:

launch your application in normal mode(not full screen) and set the width equal to the sum of your displays width resolution and the height equal to the display with the lower resolution(it's better to have all displays with the same height).

Alternatively you could split your application in 3 standalone applications(each one on one display) communicating over the network module.
Sal
sal

Postby Asbjørn » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:17 pm

Thanks Sal, I probably have to go for the network option to get it to work the way I need. That means I have to upgrade to Pro. :|
Asbjørn

Return to General