Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

Postby matti » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:15 am

Hi,

I strongly feel the Beta phase is way too long for the current licensing model. Just imagine someone buying update coverage for the past year. What has he received for his money so far? NOTHING.

Last stable release was TWO AND A HALF years ago!
You are killing your reputation and your current customer base with this nonsense. Do smaller incremental updates and keep up the quality of the code. Currently you are just building up masses of bugs which you are unable to fix.

WORD :ugeek:
matti

Postby fixstuff555 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:38 pm

I personally think it's dead - even though I got an email a couple months ago from DSP saying it was still viable...

I still think it's the best software of it's type anywhere - except for the later buggy buggy buggy versions..
fixstuff555

Postby rocknrollkat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:21 pm

MyCo wrote:Hi,

The new 3.0.9 Beta2 is available for download now. Most of the things reported in Beta1 have been fixed, we couldn't fix the bugs that we couldn't reproduce (occacional crashs, although they might be fixed by fixing other bugs, not sure).

Please report bugs in this version her, try to keep it as precise as possible, so we can reproduce it. When you have schematics, reduce them to the minimum.
Thanks!

Maik

Hello,
I downloaded 3.0.9 beta2 as per your above note, installed it, and the program is essentially useless.
I spent an entire day trying to find a way to work around endless crashes, a 'search' list that generated more error codes than searches, the list goes on.
Long story short, Spogg told me that NOBODY uses 3.0.9, uninstall it and go to 3.0.8.
3.0.8 will NOT run on my machine, claiming I do not have SSE.
'cpu-z' shows that I DO have SSE.
I uninstalled 3.0.8, installed 3.0.7 and finally I am back up and running.

I'd list some 3.0.9 bugs but there are so many that I wouldn't know where to start.

ROXY :D
rocknrollkat

Postby matti » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:42 pm

New year has started.
Now would be a good time for some good news!
Is there any?
matti

Postby billv » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:44 pm

..for the last time...
3.06 Flowstone is the highest ranking edition that is stable and will keep you happy.
Don't use anything else until MYCO DELIVERS THE BABY. :!: :!:
PS,
Happy New Year Guys hoping Xmas season was good for all. :D
billv

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:08 am

Two questions ...

Can we purchase an upgrade to v:3.0.6 ?

2. If we do an install of a newer version .... how do we protect all the toolbox entries that I've collected for
use in the newer version ?

I lied ... question 3. Can we have separate installs of 2 different versions? [I'm still at 3.04].

Thanks for clarification.
RJHollins

Postby Spogg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:10 am

Hi RJ

When you buy Flowstone you then get access to all the Flowstone releases and you choose the one you want.
I don’t know what happens to your toolbox but I would be inclined to backup everything first. Apart from the program files, don’t forget:

C:\...<username>/Appdata/Roaming/Flowstone

If something gets lost you always have the chance of over-writing from the backup, or even fully rolling back.

To have 2 versions running you’ll have to edit the registry for the installation path you wish to use. Just search for flowstone in Regedit. If you don’t do this the wrong version support files will be called.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Thanks Spogg.
RJHollins

Postby francoisreme » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:35 pm

3.0.8.1 is a good one !
francoisreme

Postby Phil Thalasso » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:54 am

Hello forum,

flowstone 3.09 was crashing frequently, with module searches or just when I tried to change a module preset. So what I did was the following: Onto a second laptop I installed version 3.06 as recommended above. With xyplorer I copied everything in the appdata/.../user folder into the same path of the new installation. So far I haven't had any hick-ups with that. The modules I put into my toolbox in v. 3.09 seemingly work in 3.06. So maybe that is a way to run two versions or to downgrade without much loss. I will not keep the 3.09 version, as I really cannot do anything with it without the risk of a freeze or outright crash.

Thank you all for this topic, on my own I woudn't have attributed my flowstone problems to a version issue.

As far as flowstone's business model is concerned: I bought flowstone with a one year upgrade cover. De facto I bought a program that upgrades in longer cycles. Now, I don't mind having forked out the extra money, because I really enjoy playing with flowstone. It would be nice though, if somehow the versions you get offered for download would be categorized into stable releases and obviously experimental versions. I also somehow wonder, whether it is a good idea to work on a 64bit release, when the 32bit jobs haven't been implemented yet.

Looking at some people's posts in this forum, some obviously use flowstone as a tool to do serious things with it. Some even try to go commercial. For those good folks it seems very necessary that flowstone goes 64bit. I don't know, but I guess that there are plenty of users who regard flowstone as a joyful thing. Please notice that I did not write "merely" joyful. Having fun should be considered as a serious thing. That said, I most likely wouldn't buy a 64bit flowstone upgrade, because 32bit experience taught me that at flowstone things take time to develop.

All that said, I'm glad that I got flowstone last year, I'm happy with it and hope that v. 3.06 will spare me the occassional nuisances described above.

Wish you all a good sunday.

Regards
Phil
Phil Thalasso

PreviousNext

Return to General