Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Stream Trigger to Ruby or Graph Module

For general discussion related FlowStone

Stream Trigger to Ruby or Graph Module

Postby aronb » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to trigger a Graph Module (1, 2, 4, or 8 input) from a stream (blue) signal? or trigger a Ruby module from a stream signal?

I am trying to accurately get a number samples into the graph module at a specific trigger time, like at the edge of a stream signal, or when it goes high (or low)...

I realize that the will be some delay (100ms max?) but need to sample a number of signals at the same time so I can make a module to display the signals, much like a scope. I can put a Tic module on it but that is not sync'd up to anything. Even if I have a delay that is fine, as long as the group of channels is sampled simultaneously!

Here is a schematic that shows what I want to do, I just don't think its possible... at least with what I know :(

Scope_Trigger.fsm
Blue Triggers Green ???
(70.06 KiB) Downloaded 888 times

Thanks for any help and education,

Aron
aronb

Re: Stream Trigger to Ruby or Graph Module

Postby martinvicanek » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 pm

I can offer this SyncScope. The graph will start at zero crossing (or any other threshold crossing you choose). Dunnno if that meets your goal.
Attachments
SyncScope.fsm
(18.68 KiB) Downloaded 889 times
martinvicanek

Postby aronb » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 pm

Martin,

Thank you for the quick reply AND a possible solution ! ! !

I just got home from work, and am busy reworking this in my schematic - AND trying to figure out exactly how it works :shock: and adding extra channels, if I am smart enough ;)

I will post a reply soon!

Aron
aronb

Postby aronb » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:52 am

Martin,

How on earth did you connect a Tic25 Module (Green) Output to a Mem2FA Module (Black Box) Input ? ! ? ! ? :shock:

HOW.JPG
Magical Connection
HOW.JPG (12.51 KiB) Viewed 14768 times

I am unable to complete this utter feat of magic :?

I need to connect the Tic25 to many Mem2FA Modules, if I do not the timing is slightly off per Mem2FA Module and thus the array output.

So far so good. I am just copying this magical connection for now...

Aron
aronb

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:08 am

aronb wrote:How on earth did you connect a Tic25 Module (Green) Output to a Mem2FA Module (Black Box) Input ? ! ? ! ? :shock:

No magic there, just Shift-Ctrl ;)
martinvicanek

Postby Spogg » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:46 am

martinvicanek wrote:
aronb wrote:How on earth did you connect a Tic25 Module (Green) Output to a Mem2FA Module (Black Box) Input ? ! ? ! ? :shock:

:o :shock: I didn't know about this possibility!

Does this mean that all the memory contents are re-read when the ticker supplies a trigger?
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:11 am

Spogg wrote:
martinvicanek wrote:

:o :shock: I didn't know about this possibility!

Does this mean that all the memory contents are re-read when the ticker supplies a trigger?

shift-ctrl is a general way to override restrictions, Flowstone makes for connections. That's why it must be used with caution. Not all forced connections will work and some might even crash Flowstone.

This is just a general comment, it does not answer your specific question, for which Martin will provide the answer.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:39 pm

Spogg wrote:Does this mean that all the memory contents are re-read when the ticker supplies a trigger?

Apparently so, yes.

I first thought that the black box connector provides the memory address and size and on the green side of the mem2FA prim you could access that data block as an array. But that does not seem to be how it works. You have to supply forward triggers at the black box input pin else it won't update. So it seems that data is actually copied into that float array.

This and the fact that you have to override FS' connector type matching to connect the ticker indicates that the mem2FA prim was designed for static use rather than the sync scope scenario. You might call it a hack, but I never had any problems with it.
martinvicanek

Postby Spogg » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:55 am

Thanks guys!

This might just help me in my current "research" (i.e. messing around) with granular effects. If so, this is a very timely piece of information for me. If not, it's still really good to have this insight.

Now Martin and tulamide, please do me a great favour and tell me what else I don't know... :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Return to General