Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

WTF Oscillator

For general discussion related FlowStone

WTF Oscillator

Postby tulamide » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:25 am

No, it stands for Window Transform Function, and it is an idea as simple as it is jaw-dropping.

Who is the first one to realize this in Flowstone?

https://youtu.be/-_3-3SHqtgc
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Re: WTF Oscillator

Postby Spogg » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:57 am

Fascinating!

Shouldn’t be too tough to do.

The waveforms look to be all phase locked so you create a ramp at the same frequency and use this ramp to switch between the front and rear waves at two or four levels which you can set or modulate.

The big issue will be with aliasing of course, but that can be handled to some extent with a tracking HPF.

I’m just too preoccupied at the moment, but if nobody else does it I may have a go at some point.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Wassaka » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi, I made a replica of the WTF Oscilator Single mode, it works pretty well, check it out!
Attachments
WTF Osc Processor.fsm
(37.08 KiB) Downloaded 849 times
Wassaka

Postby adamszabo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:29 pm

Nice one! It really aliases when you blend the two waves at the signal discontinuities unfortunately.
adamszabo

Postby tulamide » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:01 pm

@Wassaka Cool Attempt! I'm not sure it is exactly how WTF works, but it is already cool!

I just found an update, Paula has made to her Oscillator, and now it is even more of a beast!!
https://youtu.be/AKDnfZXonRw
tulamide

Postby BobF » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Hello gang,

WoW tulamide really cool, great find! Much like the stuff that goes through my mind all night and doesn't let me sleep. I have actually made drawing of these waveforms, but have never really achieved them completely. That's where many of my waveshapers have come from late night dreams. Well then back to the drawing board, guess I will be up all night again, ha, ha!

Great work there Wassaka, a very excellent first attempt. I am sure someone will create something none of us thought of soon.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:33 am

Here is an alias suppressed WTF module (I like the name :mrgreen: ). Take your two favorite waveforms and off you go. Try detuning the frequencies (slightly).

I am thinking of releasing a BLEP kit which would be sort of general purpose and would facilitate, among other things, alias-suppressed syncing. ;)

For now happy WTF-*ing!
Attachments
WTF.fsm
Updated
(49.33 KiB) Downloaded 863 times
WTF GUI.png
WTF GUI.png (53.13 KiB) Viewed 16202 times
Last edited by martinvicanek on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
martinvicanek

Postby Spogg » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:29 pm

OMG martin! You have excelled yourself yet again! :ugeek:
Brilliant!

And yes please to the generic BLEP kit. This would allow all sorts of oscillators to sound good without resorting to tracking HPFs to help suppress the aliasing.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby BobF » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Hello Gang,

I new it was going to be you Martin, fantastic job! Yes, yes, I agree with Spogg do the BLEP kit.

Have a great day all, BobF.....
BobF

Postby tulamide » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Hi Martin,

I love the sound it generates, esp. when modulating. But I don't quite get the purposes of the phases and such. In the WTF Eurorack module it is so easy to use: Front, rear, window. What is the equivalent of window here? I guess the knob at the bottom. But what is the knob (phase) right above then in this analogy?

Thanks!
tulamide

Next

Return to General