Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

The Quilcom Bridgit: A "fun" crossfader.

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

The Quilcom Bridgit: A "fun" crossfader.

Postby Spogg » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:46 pm

The Quilcom Bridgit was inspired by BobF’s Sample Combiner Synth X4 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17914#p54799

I decided to make a much simpler “fun” version which, while not being nearly as flexible or feature laden, should hopefully be a bit quicker to get interesting results from.

The idea is to take any two audio clips and crossfade from one to the other within an adjustable region. Add a SUB and a couple of effects and that’s it.

I made a YouTube video to demo it:

https://youtu.be/xIj3Mf44fCw

If you decide it might be useful, or just fun to play with, I would suggest you read the User Guide included with the FSM and plugin. The zip also includes several clips to get started. Made with FS 3.06.
Download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/66agliyuusl75 ... 4.zip?dl=0

Any comments always very appreciated.
And special thanks to Martin for that wonderful M-VERB 7B!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Re: The Quilcom Bridgit: A "fun" crossfader.

Postby Duckett » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:09 pm

A great little sound design tool, with a wide possibility of use cases- anything from a "D-50 on steroids" to abstract soundscapes. I've always appreciated your ability to recognize that people often want to "strike while the iron is hot" from a creative standpoint, and plugins with a bajillion parameters are not conducive to that.

While I love tinkering/noodling with complex synths or effects, unless I'm extremely familiar with them, I don't often turn to them when I need a solution to a musical problem in a timely fashion- I would end up spending far more time twiddling controls (and possibly forgetting what the original goal was) than actually achieving an effective result and moving on with the rest of the project.
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby Spogg » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:18 pm

Thank you so much Mr Duckett! :D

My design philosophy aligns perfectly with what you say. In other areas of life too, a tool dedicated to a specific task is often the one we reach for, rather than a tool that tries to do everything.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Julian Ray » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Just watched the video - sounds great!
I came to the forum, with the idea of sample-based cross-fader synth in my mind and studying this creation of yours will help me a lot.

Thank you very much Spogg :)
Julian Ray

Postby Spogg » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:49 am

Thank you! :D

I’m looking forward to seeing your take on this technique.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:22 pm

Great, I'll try it out.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Return to User Examples