Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

need some help peeps. Rompler doesent hold the files i used

For general discussion related FlowStone

need some help peeps. Rompler doesent hold the files i used

Postby djbrynte » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:04 am

I have a problem. i made a sampler / rompler. when i load the folder and all the samples it works fine. But when i save project and then open project its not the samples i used when saved. can a geek pls look into this pls guys. let me know if u have time to do it. i can send u the master work then.
djbrynte

Re: need some help peeps. Rompler doesent hold the files i u

Postby djbrynte » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:04 am

Here is file pls help me out guys!
Last edited by djbrynte on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djbrynte

Postby trogluddite » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:58 am

Hi there, djbrynte, nice to see you around again!

Your schematic is crashing when I open it here - but I think it might be because my PC doesn't like the DS audio driver. Could you re-upload the schematic with the DS Out turned off or removed, and then I'll try taking another look.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:26 am

I’ve had a quick look through this and I can’t see where the chosen wav file is handled by the preset manager.
I saved a preset and looked at the file (changed .trj to .txt) and I couldn’t see any reference to the wav selection either.
If I didn’t miss something, I think that needs to be sorted.

@trog
I’ve attached his file with the in/outs turned off.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Legal VST 4 by dj.zip
FS 3.06. No changes made to the schematic.
(940.32 KiB) Downloaded 1160 times
Spogg

Postby trogluddite » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Thanks, Spogg!

After a quick look through, I think Spogg is exactly right; it's because you're missing some preset parameters for the wave data. There are two places where this might be giving you some trouble...

- The wave file loader contains an Array with the sample data inside it. When you load the schematic (or DAW project), the wave data in here will always be whatever the Array was loaded with when you saved the schematic. To automatically load a different 'Library' you would need to store the folder path in a Preset String and reload the files when the preset changes (and only if the folder path is different, otherwise it will massively slow down preset changes!)

- The library selector doesn't seem to have a preset parameter for which wave is selected. I had a quick go at fixing this, but it's more difficult than I thought at first, because the calculation for the label highlight is taken directly from the mouse position. That would need changing so that the highlight is calculated from the chosen index rather than the mouse [x, y], otherwise the display won't update correctly when the preset changes.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby djbrynte » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Trog it doesent matter if the display show right Most important is that it using the right sample. Can u fix this mate pls
djbrynte

Postby Spogg » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:05 pm

I’ve added 3 preset parameter modules for the sample selection system and it seems to work ok in Reaper now. It remembers which sample goes with which preset and shows the correct sample display and the project reloads correctly.
The little float preset parameter module has come in very useful for me many times.

I haven’t spent long testing it so let me know if it needs more work.

After you’ve had a look inside you can tidy up my work!

I must say the most time consuming aspect of doing something like this is understanding someone else’s schematic, especially as complex as this. Fortunately the module and connector labelling is very good, so that helped a lot.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
LEGAL VST rompler 4 spogged1.zip
FS 3.06
(940.04 KiB) Downloaded 1111 times
Spogg

Postby djbrynte » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:41 pm

wow spogg thank you
djbrynte

Postby djbrynte » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:54 pm

i have a problem with this rompler.

First its supposed to work like this.
When i select a sample in a folder it should load all samples from that folder. so when i change in the display it change the sample in the folder.

and second i got no sound from the synth spogg? :P i loaded a sample and i got no sound.
djbrynte

Postby Spogg » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:19 am

I’ve re-checked this and the sound works fine in FS and Reaper for me. So I can’t explain that unfortunately, because I don’t get the problem. :?

When I load a wav from a folder all the wavs do show up in the display, for me anyway. However the DAW will never remember the chosen wav because it won’t be stored in the wav array prim. As trog said, that has to be baked in from the FS schematic.

My understanding was this would be like a ROMPLER, where you decide at the design stage what wavs would be included, and the presets would select from those fixed wavs according to the sound design requirements. Therefore I’m puzzled as to why you would want to load a new “ROM” which would entail making a completely different system. Maybe just remove the LOAD button?

In my view, as long as you baked in a great set of wavs, you would have potentially a great and very versatile synth without having to load any more wavs. But that’s your choice my friend.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Next

Return to General