Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

GreySynth

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

GreySynth

Postby billv » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Hey Guys, here's a new toy. Its got a bit of "X11" theme to it.
A basic synth with some mods, routing matrix and automation matrix.
There's 8 presets, so all you have to do is hit the start button. :)

[img]
Greysynth_1.png
Greysynth_1.png (201.05 KiB) Viewed 17477 times

[/img]
Grey Synth_v01.fsm
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 1063 times
billv

Re: GreySynth

Postby Phil Thalasso » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Thank you Bill for sharing.
It looks very interesting and I'm sure that I will learn plenty by "dissecting" it.

Best Regards
Phil
Phil Thalasso

Postby trogluddite » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Wow, that's heaps of fun - and great to see the X-series still going strong. In a very good way, it makes me wonder what Tom and Jerry cartoons would be like if they'd been scored by the BBC Radiophonic Workshop. Maybe I'm not the only one around here who grins from ear to ear at vintage Dr. Who soundtracks instead of finding them scary? :? :lol:
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:00 pm

That’s excellent Bill!
I can see just how much work went into that and I’m very impressed. :ugeek:

I was wondering why the Preset Manager didn’t have the usual menu system. Do you rely purely on the DAW’s fxp and fxb system?

Also I feel I should mention that the first preset on loading was just into clipping on my system, but it took me ages to find the master volume control. Maybe it could be separate and bigger…?

This is amazing work and thanks so much for sharing it with us all.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby billv » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:28 pm

Thanks Guys.
Spoogg:
I made that Pre-set manager a few years ago.
It writes and reads to text file so nothing is required by the user.
So , while in your DAW , if you save a preset, it's there when you reload the vsti.
The "stock" preset manager is a bitch :evil: , and does not have this behavior.
billv

Postby RJHollins » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:52 am

Tried to download and run .... got an 'Access Error'.

FS 3.07 Win-7[64]
RJHollins

Postby billv » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:00 am

I'm on XP...have no idea about the other platforms :?
billv

Postby trogluddite » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:57 pm

RJHollins wrote:Tried to download and run .... got an 'Access Error'.

biilv wrote:I made that Pre-set manager a few years ago. It writes and reads to text file

billv wrote:I'm on XP.

I wonder if these might be related. I noticed that GreySynth automatically saves a small text file containing the current preset names at startup. For a plugin export, this gets saved in a 'GreySynth' folder alongside the plugin DLL; and from within FlowStone, it gets saved to the user's default VST export folder (wherever you last exported a VST plugin to, unless explicitly set by a 'VST Plugin Info' primitive in the schematic.)

Later Windows versions are far more fussy than XP about which folders applications are allowed access to, even if you're logged in as an Administrator, so this might be causing problems writing to the folder (or its parent folder may not exist). Everything works fine on my Windows 10 machine running FS 3.0.6, where I keep my shared plugins in a separate 'all-access' drive partition. However, the canonical VST plugins folder is usually somewhere within 'Program Files', to which access will be restricted.

To test this, here's a version which defaults to the schematic folder rather than the VST plugins folder when you're working within FlowStone (just one primitive added - a 'Schematic File Path' to set the 'Test' folder of the 'Start Folder' primitive within 'Preset Manager_BV/Save_Load/File save'.)

Grey Synth_v01_folder_path_mod_TROG.fsm
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 1028 times

NB) This may not be a complete fix - it's just intended to test whether my hypothesis about the access error is right.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby RJHollins » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi TROG,

Just tried this test version. Still getting an Error Message: Here's the top snippet of the message.

caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module FlowStone.exe at 0023:005416ae.

Exception handler called in ExceptionAttacher.cpp - AfxWinMain.

I've no idea on this, and don;t think I've ever had this happen before.
RJHollins

Postby trogluddite » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Bugger! :cry:

That's something a little more serious, then. An 'Access Violation' means that FlowStone is trying to read or write to a memory address outside of the memory allocated to it by Windows (it quite often happens if code tries to read/write past the end of an array or string.) It might be possible to work out which component is causing it by a process of elimination, but really, I think MyCo is probably the only person with a good chance of getting to the bottom of it.
trogluddite

Next

Return to User Examples