Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Combination Circuits/Schematics

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Combination Circuits/Schematics

Postby RJHollins » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:54 am

Ahh ... OK ... I understand better.

What threw me was the STRING output of the convert Boolean ... well, the choices in the Ruby module I see now as separate equations formulas.

Thanks Tiffy
RJHollins

Postby tiffy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:30 am

CONVERT ANY VALUE TO A BOOLEAN v1.2 (RUBY).

Here is an example of v1.2 that will eliminate the unwanted Triggers at the Output Terminal.
Attachments
Convert Any Value to a Boolean v1.2.fsm
(6.22 KiB) Downloaded 883 times
tiffy

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:30 pm

tiffy wrote:CONVERT ANY VALUE TO A BOOLEAN v1.2 (RUBY).

Here is an example of v1.2 that will eliminate the unwanted Triggers at the Output Terminal.

An interesting idea, thanks.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby trogluddite » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:45 pm

tiffy wrote:With the first two raw examples, I only wanted to put forward the idea in the hope that the more competent Ruby programmers will / can take it a step or two further in some practical examples and also share some of their practical ideas on this.

More of an observation than an example - that with the addition of Ruby, FlowStone now has three different definitions of what a boolean is! In 'green', zero = false and non-zero (but usually one) = true, but in DSP/Assembly, zero is still false, but true is an "all-bits" bitmask that isn't even a real number. And now, in Ruby, only nil/false are false, and absolutely anything else counts as true!

I must admit that when sending a value to a RubyEdit boolean output, the way that the value is translated almost as if it's a 'green' value caught me out a few times - I expected that it would just use the Ruby definition (equivalent to the !!-trick.)

Maybe worth pointing out too, that within Ruby code (i.e. not when sending to an output), you very rarely need the !!-trick. For control statements like if, unless, while, until, the conversion is always implied - so people shouldn't panic and go through all their Ruby code adding lots of exclamation marks. However, when you're expecting a boolean RubyEdit output to do what you want, or absolutely need true/false in the code, it's very handy indeed!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby tiffy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:41 pm

Quote: "Maybe worth pointing out too,... - so people shouldn't panic and go through all their Ruby code adding lots of exclamation marks. However, when you're expecting a boolean RubyEdit output to do what you want, or absolutely need true/false in the code, it's very handy indeed!"

I had a problem getting the first MP3 file, which has the index 0, in a player to load from a list in the player into the queue. All the other files would load correctly except for the first file in the list. Then, I used the "!!-trick" for this purpose in order to get a trigger from the 0-indexed file. Maybe my ignorance but I do not know another way of doing this. Therefore, I upload the "!!-trick" in case someone else may need it too.
tiffy

Postby yoye » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:59 am

tiffy wrote:SIMPLE CALCULATOR (Picture Only):

I made this simple calculator which supports working with two decimal numbers but it can only do one calculation at a time. All the functions on the keyboard are functional...however, no fancy glitter like multiple stack or continuous memory etc.

Please ask for help
I need a calculator file. To do education for my students. Thank you.
yoye

Previous

Return to General