Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Quilcom B-2 SHAKE & SCRAPE (the barrel?)

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Quilcom B-2 SHAKE & SCRAPE (the barrel?)

Postby Spogg » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:50 pm

Hello!

This one, rather unsurprisingly, is designed to simulate percussion instruments you shake or scrape, but can do more of course.

When I was developing it I hadn’t realised for some time that it’s actually a type of granular synthesiser, albeit tailored to a very specific type, often referred to as asynchronous.

I found there’s not so much in the way of papers and examples online, but I’ve included what I did find. It seems that most synthetic approaches typically use enveloped and filtered noise which, in a mix, is probably acceptable. However, in isolation this simulation method produces unconvincing results in my opinion.

There are 2 aspects to consider. The first is the sound generation itself and the other is how you play it; the human interface system. For the 2nd one you can use the modulation or pitchbend wheels to control the grain generation, and for the scrapers you can also drag the mouse across an icon. Finally you have an envelope generator to optionally use for the up/down strokes.

This B-2 has the same additional features as the others in the series for loading and layering a sample and recording the result for export.

Operation is inevitably less intuitive with this one, so I beg you to refer to the User Guide if you choose to explore it.

My YouTube demo is here:

https://youtu.be/L3TAO-IbzpM

You can download the whole thing here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yzcejnul91az ... E.zip?dl=0

The zip contains the FSM (3.06), 32 and 64 bit plugins and 32 and 64 bit executables. In addition there are some samples, infos and the User Guide.

Hope you have some fun with it!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Re: Quilcom B-2 SHAKE & SCRAPE (the barrel?)

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:31 pm

Thanks Spogg, will check it out. BTW, updating the lettol.com site, will put a link to flowstoners.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby kortezzzz » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:06 pm

Shakers are a must have :)
I make some latin music from time to time for fun so I'll definitely find a use for this. Great drums instruments series. I hope you have fun with developing those drum candies. I've developed only one drum sampler and worked so hard to make it perform properly, so I really admire your development speed, even though you go as deep as possible with those sound designing features. Keep it up.
kortezzzz

Postby Halon » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:55 pm

Great stuff as always spogg. As kortezzz said shakers is a must have ;)
Halon

Postby k brown » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:17 am

Shake and Scrape - my favorite way to make chicken ! (this may be a U.S.-only reference).
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Return to User Examples