Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Perfect fit ?

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Perfect fit ?

Postby az-terisk » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Good evening everyone !

For one of my projects I am looking for a way to resize the view of my module precisely, without taking into account the grid.

The attached image shows the "worry": my background of 890 x 621 pixels does not stick to the rest of the grid, which export has a disgraceful background (white or black) that I would like to avoid. I sought, at my level, any way to avoid that. But I did not find, hence the reason for this call for help.

Thank you all (and sorry for my bad English, I'm French) ! :D
Attachments
Grid.PNG
Grid.PNG (11.36 KiB) Viewed 16234 times
az-terisk

Re: Perfect fit ?

Postby Yeldell » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:08 pm

Is background sticking to the rest of the grid super important?
I'm really excited about these new rangefinders for hunting and plan to get them for sure.
Yeldell

Postby az-terisk » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Thank you for that answer.

The idea here is to be able to avoid reworking the entire GUI (creation, cutting ... it's tedious)
az-terisk

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:12 am

az-terisk wrote:Thank you for that answer.

The idea here is to be able to avoid reworking the entire GUI (creation, cutting ... it's tedious)

Make the size you want in flowstone with a module and that module having a mgui primitive within and a wireless in connector attached to it.

from the mgui module get width and height of your desired size. then use the grid to pixels module, and then a float to discern the width in both pixel and height.

It's not what you asked for, but it's a finite way to get the size right the first time. It's easier than going back a second time. The problem is controlling both height and width in scale and finite symmetry.

Have fun.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby az-terisk » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:32 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the advice, which in fact is already part of the tests that I could do.

What I'm looking for is actually to avoid reworking my entire user interface, which has already taken a lot of time in research and design from scratch.

Good afternoon !
az-terisk

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:14 am

az-terisk wrote:Hello,

Thank you for the advice, which in fact is already part of the tests that I could do.

What I'm looking for is actually to avoid reworking my entire user interface, which has already taken a lot of time in research and design from scratch.

Good afternoon !

The only other way is to start with a scale ratio and then rely on grids. 8 to 10 and so on. Then you could merely rely on the scale primitive and it would always be right. The bmp primitive, the old school one, replace the area deriven from the bitmap load dimensions and merely replace it with the areas.

Assuming that you are always to scale, it's possible. But not otherwise.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby az-terisk » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:45 pm

Hello,

After months of unsuccessful research and testing, I decided to rework my entire graphical interface to perfectly fit the grid.

Thank you for your help! :)
az-terisk

Return to User Examples