Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Has anyone made a simple timer system example

Home and building automation using flowstone

Has anyone made a simple timer system example

Postby Quentin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:00 am

Hi, I am new to Flowstone and trying to wrap my head around the best way to construct a 24H timer system as a way to get started with a greenhouse automation project. really a simple alarm clock example could be generalized into a 4 timer sprinkler system with multiple on's and off's per 24 hour period. I will ultimately apply some simple logic and turn relay's on and off via a Labjack i/o board which seems nicely supported or an Arduino. Anybody already gone down this road?
Thanks
Quentin
Quentin

Re: Has anyone made a simple timer system example

Postby Embedded » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:38 pm

You just need to use the time module to get a real time clock to compare to.

Here's one I made earlier:
Attachments
Time Stamp.fsm
(691 Bytes) Downloaded 2889 times
Embedded

Postby mrjflow » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Hello Quentin,

I have done something similiar for my home automation project via labjack U3. I do have adjustable timers to switch ON/OFF digital I/O tied to relay modules. My time of day timers are for my dog feeder and dog water valve. I created a post in the user examples "home automation project". My schematic file is there. You can download and take it apart to use what you need.

MJ.
mrjflow

Postby Quentin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:55 am

Hey thanks for the reply,
I posted this more than a year ago, right at the beginning. don't often log on or look at forums. I have been using flowstone to prototype automation interfaces for the last year now. It has been a great tool and the ruby componants/http post has given us a lot of data flexiblility. Right now trying to generalize the preset modules for automation targets/thresholds. Now if only flowstone jumped to android, it would rule the world.
Cheers,
Quentin
Quentin

Return to Home Automation