Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

sha example link

For general discussion related FlowStone

sha example link

Postby Logado » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:49 am

I saw on the forum an example on how to use the ruby SHA for encryption and decryption.I try to find again but not found. Can someone provide a link?
Logado

Re: sha example link

Postby tulamide » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Never saw an example, but it is not too difficult. At first you need to grab the OpenSSL library from Ruby, since it is not part of Flowstone's Ruby. If you install it as described in the FS manual, you can afterwards access it using
Code: Select all
require 'openssl'

you can then access SHA (or MD) like so
Code: Select all
data = File.read('document')
sha256 = OpenSSL::Digest::SHA256.new
digest = sha256.digest(data)

Read more about it here: http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib-1.9.3/libdoc/openssl/rdoc/OpenSSL/Digest.html
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Logado » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:11 am

yeah in theory it's simple :) but my ruby show me only error, i try now compile ruby.
I hope this helps
found example, but here only generate hash,i need digital signature :? .
I understand that in any case it was hacked, but I want to understand how to use asynchronous key generation.
Attachments
Pure_Ruby_SHA1_%26_MD5_implementation_DWB-2013.fsm
(2.64 KiB) Downloaded 683 times
Logado

Postby tulamide » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:23 pm

Logado wrote:...but I want to understand how to use asynchronous key generation.

You really need Ruby's OpenSSL implementation. It's all in there. See http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib-1.9.3/libdoc/openssl/rdoc/OpenSSL.html

Regarding installation: You not only need to install Ruby's OpenSSL (not OpenSSL), you also need to install each dependency that is not already part of Ruby's standard installation. You do so by looking at any .rb of Ruby's OpenSSL and searching for each 'require'.

It is cumbersome, but not difficult. Maybe you should install a full Ruby 1.9.3 (that the version Flowstone uses). It will contain everything you need, and you could copypaste from there.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Return to General