Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Load vsts in flowstone?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Load vsts in flowstone?

Postby opelcircuit » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:40 pm

Hello

I'm really interested in Flowstone

I was thinking of using it as modular fx container
but I'm not sure if its possible

What I want is to use flowstone as a vst inside my DAW and host plugins inside it, so I can load vst and vsti plugins inside flow stone and connect between them in parallel and so on.

possible?
opelcircuit

Re: Load vsts in flowstone?

Postby Spogg » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:31 am

Hello and welcome! :D

Unfortunately FlowStone can’t host plugins. What you can do is make multiple effects inside a VST plugin and make it so the user can set the routing, but you’ll be limited to the effects you make in FlowStone.
Spogg

Postby juha_tp » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:56 am

Hmm.. maybe plug-in chainer/rack is what you are looking - KVR database may help to find one which suites for your needs - https://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/hosts/ ... ree/newest
juha_tp

Postby opelcircuit » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:24 am

Spogg wrote:Hello and welcome! :D

Unfortunately FlowStone can’t host plugins.

why not implementing it ?
opelcircuit

Postby Duckett » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:57 pm

Agree with juha_tp (nice freebie links BTW, another interesting one (no longer supported) is VSTForx) that OP was hoping FS could be used as a OOP-style chainer like AudioMulch, Metaplugin, or LiveProfessor, something like that.
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby Spogg » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:30 am

opelcircuit wrote:
Spogg wrote:Hello and welcome! :D

Unfortunately FlowStone can’t host plugins.

why not implementing it ?

The whole purpose of FlowStone is to make VST plugins rather than being something like a DAW or hosting environment.
So I don't think it will ever happen!
Spogg

Postby Tzarls » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:22 pm

Just as a funny note, back in the days of Synthmaker (the original product that later became Flowstone) there was a hidden set of primitives that could be 'activated' by messing around with the contents of a project file (using an Hex editor). One of those primitives was a plugin host. I remember having found it, but I can't remember if or how it worked... Maybe it's still in there...
Tzarls

Postby billv » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:25 am

Hey Tzarls..nice to see you floatimg around :D
Usine is good for loading VST..nowadays it's called Hollyhock https://www.brainmodular.com/
billv

Postby hardwarehost » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:03 am

I need only to take a image snapshot of vst from vst directory and save it in schematic for my vst-manager! Is this somehow possible to add to ALPHA? Far less difficult than complete hosting.
hardwarehost

Return to General