Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

default in presetParameter primitiv ?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: default in presetParameter primitiv ?

Postby RJHollins » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:01 am

What 'helped' me debug some of my early [and continued] workings with the PreSet Manager was to do an ALL PROGRAM SAVE. Then track down that text file, load it up into Notepad, and inspect everything that was in there.

I was often surprise to find things that were left overs, or some test routine that was off to the side of my schematic. Or to learn that one of the MIDI Monitors left inside a module under test was messing with the list of parameters.

I now try to be more aware of the preset implications, but in the heat of trying to develop an idea and realize it into a schematic, I find that I need several 'cleaning' sessions to straighten up the mess :|

Notepad and printer ... very handy :lol:
RJHollins

Postby kortezzzz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:56 am

RJHollins, that is bad news :o . i try things and then remove them from the schematic as well. too bad they're still there, Although they have been already deleted and the preset has been resaved. inspecting values in the text file is a very tricky task. i don't realy understand FS's PM registry logic. i wish the PM had a reset input to reset the current preset to zero values, and then, when yo save new preset, you don't get any Oppressive "surprises" :roll:
kortezzzz

Postby RJHollins » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:23 am

Oh ... I hope I didn't give the wrong impression ! :o

If a component that has preset capabilities is removed from the schematic, I believe the PM updates internally to this change. If I ever was in doubt, I would just delete the PM module, and then re-insert the PM again.

What's handy is that the PM text file has info on the number of components it's finding. All the Names are listed [in the order they were made ... which can be a problem locating]. But I agree, it can be a bit tedious.
RJHollins

Postby kortezzzz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:48 pm

If I ever was in doubt, I would just delete the PM module, and then re-insert the PM again.

If doing that helps, maybe i should try it too. thanks for the advice. i also found string editing and saving
(after compiling) very difficult to perform in some situations. tryed using some string array mathods, with no success.

take a look at this schematic:

NAME STRINGS_KORTEZZZZ.fsm
knobs with names
(17.45 KiB) Downloaded 754 times

in this schematic, i tried to give every knob an "in place" editable label. it means that if, for example, the user wants to change the knob's names, he can do it, but... he must save the new names set as a bank. and this bank
should carry the new names for all the presets, untill it changed again. well... found that impossible to do!
because every time you change a preset, the labels got changed too. if you import a new bank, they freak out. which means...

the labels nead their own PM???? :evil:

using 2 PMs is impossible because after exporting to vst format, both PMs freak out in the daw. using only one for this task is useless. so how is that should be done?...
kortezzzz

Previous

Return to General