Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

New Viper synth

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: New Viper synth

Postby trogluddite » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:46 pm

After seeing all the glowing reviews above, I've been meaning to have a tinker with Viper for a while. I wholeheartedly agree with what's been said before - this is a stunning project; easily one of the best I've ever seen (and heard!), and thoroughly "professional" in every sense.

The sound quality is impeccable to my ear, and the balance between features and ergonomics is spot on, IMHO. I particularly like the combination of dynamic tabs and uncluttered main view; they work in perfect harmony for working in broad strokes or fine detail with equal ease - it just begs to be tweaked!

Big bonus points for the comprehensive and clear user-guide, and the excellent work by your patch design team, too!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:15 pm

It’s truly remarkable Adam :shock:

It shows what FlowStone is potentially capable of in super-skilled hands too.

Brilliant!

Spogg
Spogg

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:47 am

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby Spogg » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:36 am

FlowStone is certainly an amazing application. While I’m using it I still marvel at how it all works so well.

My favourite analogy is that we can all go out and buy oil paints, brushes and canvas, but how many can paint a Mona Lisa?

We should never forget the importance of the artist who, like Adam, uses his tools to create great works.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:10 pm

Yes Spogg, important point. If I compare what I can do with the same tool to what you can do with it (let alone Adam) it shows that a tool and an idea is not enough. It also needs persistence, skill and a structured way of working.

Like Kevin, when he paints. I know something about colors, perspective, light, shadow and composition. Yet, I wouldn't even come close to what he creates.

That's also why I call your plugins awesome. You make it difficult to use your plugins by the choice of your GUIs, and I emphasize it a lot. But underneath the ugly skin lies a well thought out, complex and sound-wise pleasing synth architecture. I knew it could be possible to create a grain synth with FS. I also knew, that I'm not the one to manage it. And others also didn't dare. But you took the challenge and came up with something that has a lot of power in granular synthesis (Actually two projects even).

The difference to Adam is just that, once done, you lose interest in your creation and never touch it again. Whereas Adam is working on a synth for years and years, improving bits and pieces again and again.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby adamszabo » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Thank you again guys for the kind comments! Yes I am a perfectionist (and I hate myself for it) but I am not happy until thing work the way they should as best as possible. Even today I learn new things and I go back to Viper and improve things with the new knowledge I gained. Its almost a never ending story but thats how it is :D
adamszabo

Postby djbrynte » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:24 am

This synth is uber
djbrynte

Previous

Return to General