Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

How to custom knob animations ?

For general discussion related FlowStone

How to custom knob animations ?

Postby zayne » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:10 am

If anybody knows how to add custom Knob animations please let me know. I have custom animated knobs made with knobman but can’t figure out how to get it working it in Flowstone.

I was also having trouble resizing knobs.
ZAYNE
zayne

Re: How to custom knob animations ?

Postby R&R » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:19 pm

Spogg posted a really good knob here:
http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93611&hilit=knob&start=60#p237017

I never used it completely as it was... But it seems to be resizable as it is.
Just load your knobman animation enter the correct width and cells (frames) of the animation in the modules properties... and resize the module accordingly.
R&R

Postby zayne » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:14 am

R&R wrote:Spogg posted a really good knob here:
http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93611&hilit=knob&start=60#p237017

I never used it completely as it was... But it seems to be resizable as it is.
Just load your knobman animation enter the correct width and cells (frames) of the animation in the modules properties... and resize the module accordingly.

this is exactally what i needed thanks for linking this :D
ZAYNE
zayne

Postby zayne » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:19 am

i want to make knobs that are custom sizes and not locked to Square. Currently dont have a method but im trying to figure it out.
ZAYNE
zayne

Postby R&R » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:13 pm

I'm a newbie and not that versed in Flowstone but I can always attempt to clarify what you are asking for... maybe someone else can help you then...

zayne wrote:that are custom sizes and not locked to Square.

Do you mean a knob size that is not locked to the size of Flowstone's grid-system?...

If so you will probably have to dive into and customize parameters of that knob and maybe alter some of it's schematics. There is no limitation in that regard, any graphics can be set to pixels precision if needed.

Same probably applies if you want a non uniform (ellipse) shape for a knob...

But of you are looking for a way to create a non square/quadratic clickable area that a knob uses to detect mouse actions (clicks and dragging). I personally don't really know if that can be done, atleast not without splitting into separate clickable quadratic areas. I haven't tested if the area clip prim can be used for mouse areas... or if Ruby can be utilized for detecting mouse actions in a non quadratic areas.
R&R

Postby zayne » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:23 pm

zayne wrote:that are custom sizes and not locked to Square.

Do you mean a knob size that is not locked to the size of Flowstone's grid-system?...
[/quote]

I have knobs that are 50x20 pixels instead of most knobs that are 50x50 or just locked into squares
I attached an example knob i made.
When i put this knob into the spogg one it just doesnt work properly. And i dont want it to be square because it will mess up the gui.
Attachments
Filter Ammo Test 1.png
Filter Ammo Test 1.png (12.77 KiB) Viewed 5559 times
ZAYNE
zayne

Postby Spogg » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:48 am

Here you go. Info in the schematic.
Attachments
Rectangular knob dev 1.fsm
FS 3.06
(36.11 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Spogg

Postby zayne » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:37 pm

Spogg i am So thankful !!!! All my knobs with weird dimensions are working perfectly now !!! :)
ZAYNE
zayne

Return to General