Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

AM SSB

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: AM SSB

Postby Jarfaut » Tue May 16, 2023 5:13 pm

martinvicanek wrote:Here is a demo for you. I thought I had posted something similar before, but I can't find it any more. Any way, this is not optimised, but it is fully functional. Have fun with it!

Hi, Martin.
You said that the scheme you gave could be optimized. Please tell me where exactly this can be done. I'll give it a try, maybe I can do it too.
Regards! :|
Jarfaut

Postby martinvicanek » Tue May 16, 2023 8:57 pm

There are many places you can save CPU, some are specific to FS, others make use of SSE, and yet others are inherent in the algo. For instance you can very easily generate sine and cosine at half Nyquist:
sine: 0, 1, 0, -1, ...
cosine: 1, 0, -1, 0, ...
I'll try to post an optimised version in the next days.
martinvicanek

Postby martinvicanek » Thu May 18, 2023 9:42 am

Here is an optimized frequency shifter. Compared to the previous post, this one is about 20x more efficient (hard to say exactly because the CPU load is barely measurable). There are some explanaitons inside for the inclined flowstoner . . . 8-)
Attachments
FreqShifterOpti.fsm
Highly optimized frequency shifter
(27.58 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
martinvicanek

Postby Jarfaut » Thu May 18, 2023 4:09 pm

martinvicanek wrote:Here is an optimized frequency shifter. Compared to the previous post, this one is about 20x more efficient (hard to say exactly because the CPU load is barely measurable). There are some explanaitons inside for the inclined flowstoner . . . 8-)

Martin, a big bow to you, and a lot of respect!
Bode used SSB technology back in the 60's in Moog synthesizers. But before him it was done by German engineers for acoustic decoupling between microphone and loudspeakers.
It's amazing that now any synthesizer designer can use a similar circuit in an FS system.
I'm getting very primitive circuits so far, but I'm still happy with it!
With great respect! :!: :|

https://mega.nz/file/ezgGgBLR#2doQyQ-Pt10NNtBp1mSZvjFB9INaJYgIdmgm2zGg7pM
https://mega.nz/file/WmBSFI6R#TJ-N98w_KTV8UNDWGBcEuOUrSFI6sawnqEYKlh6tw9Q
Jarfaut

Postby Jarfaut » Thu May 18, 2023 9:13 pm

martinvicanek wrote:. There are some explanaitons inside for the inclined flowstoner . . . 8-)

Martin, after the first measurement of the signal through the FFT the frequency adjustment of both external oscillators stops. Could you see why the values are fixed?
In general it works great! I looked at the program internally, and realized that I could not do such a thing. :ugeek:
Jarfaut

Postby martinvicanek » Fri May 19, 2023 7:56 am

Jarfaut wrote:Martin, after the first measurement of the signal through the FFT the frequency adjustment of both external oscillators stops. Could you see why the values are fixed?

Not sure what you mean exactly. The FFT display uses the Signal Analyser prim. When you actually use the circuit with blue audio, that FFT won't work. If you want to monitor blue audio, you'd have to use a Mono to Graph prim instead. Does that relate in any way to what you are experiencing?
I looked at the program internally, and realized that I could not do such a thing. :ugeek:

It is hard to read other peoples code, let alone ASM!
martinvicanek

Postby Jarfaut » Fri May 19, 2023 11:00 am

martinvicanek wrote: If you want to monitor blue audio, you'd have to use a Mono to Graph prim instead. Does that relate in any way to what you are experiencing?

Yes, Martin, that's right, you said absolutely right! It's because of my attempt to connect the FFT and the audio bus at the same time. I had already guessed that they should not be mixed. It shows once again that it's one thing to have an electrical circuit, and quite another to have an executable environment (FS).
Nice workmanship! If I see a "donate" button, I'll be sure to use it! :ugeek:

captureFFT.png
captureFFT.png (93.12 KiB) Viewed 5290 times
Jarfaut

Postby martinvicanek » Sat May 20, 2023 6:21 pm

Sorry about that. The analyser prim is handy for debugging, but I should not leave it in the schem when posting.
There is a donation button on my Website: https://vicanek.de/donate.htm
If you invite me for a coffee I'll be greatful! :D
martinvicanek

Postby RJHollins » Sat May 20, 2023 7:02 pm

martinvicanek wrote:Sorry about that. The analyser prim is handy for debugging, but I should not leave it in the schem when posting.

Have a cup of your choice on me.

Thanks for all the help and knowledge you share !

8-) 8-) 8-)
RJHollins

Postby Jarfaut » Tue May 23, 2023 5:22 pm

martinvicanek wrote:Sorry about that. The analyser prim is handy for debugging, but I should not leave it in the schem when posting.

Martin, greetings!
My donation translation doesn't translate at your link. Your account does not accept donations from Japan or Europe.
Help me out. Please update your email. :!:
Jarfaut

PreviousNext

Return to General