Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Help identify this spectral visualizer

For general discussion related FlowStone

Help identify this spectral visualizer

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:21 am

ok ... had to post to the place with the smart people.

There is a 'spectral visualizer' that I'm trying to identify ... and looks quite cool for what it is.

The only display of it, is at the UnitedAudio [UAD] website, where they highlight their plugins.

Here's a link to one example
https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/equalizers/hitsville-eq-collection.html

If you scroll down the page a bit, there is a Youtube vid that has this 'oscillator' type spectrum display.

If you were so kind to look at it ...

Anyone familiar with this display ?

Is there a VST version of it ?

If not ... might this be a Flowstone project ? [i've no idea how to do something like that].

Hey ... Thanks to anyone taking the time to check it out.

Sincerely,

RJHollins
RJHollins

Re: Help identify this spectral visualizer

Postby R&R » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:36 am

I guess it was this?

EQ_visualization.jpg
EQ_visualization.jpg (23.02 KiB) Viewed 4398 times

Unfortunately I know little about anything. But maybe can get the discussion going... :D

Looks to me like a fixed regular spectrum display mapped onto a spline curve? With copies in less amplitude and then mirrored in Y negative.

Reminds me of alot of typical After Effects templates...
https://motionarray.com/after-effects-t ... es-128411/
That would make sense since this UAD video is part of their marketing material maybe?

"If" they made that visualization in realtime code it might involve some kind of "spread spectrum" scheme. Visually spreading more narrow content signal to wider areas? Smoothing it out by the reduction of amp from spread (edit: but still mapped on to a spline).

Yeah I know. I talk way to much :lol:

This is the tutorial for AE:
https://youtu.be/xEBzx66d2yA
But that doesn't help much in recreating the actual AE spectrum effect in FS...
R&R

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:19 pm

Hi R&R ... wow, you found more than I was able to.

I watched the AF tutorial ... it was like Photoshop on steroids. :shock:

Looks to me like a fixed regular spectrum display mapped onto a spline curve? With copies in less amplitude and then mirrored in Y negative.

Your observation .... sounds reasonable :)

I just find this type of display they used very interesting. [and I have lots of analyzer plugins].

Thanks for taking the time, and sharing your insights ! Much appreciated.

I think I remember Grog putting up some spline examples [sure do miss his visits to the forum] ...

Anyway ... would be cool to have this as a VST.

Thanks again !!
RJHollins

Postby R&R » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:59 pm

RJHollins wrote:I watched the AF tutorial ... it was like Photoshop on steroids.

It is... After Effects is very much like Photoshop but for post production editing of video/animation material.

RJHollins wrote:Anyway ... would be cool to have this as a VST.

It would be cool 8-)

I wonder how good FS is for complex or larger visualization though... performance wise. Maybe hogs to much CPU? But that might not even matter since the plugin can just be turned of when not using it.
R&R

Return to General