Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

AHDSR into an AHD

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: AHDSR into an AHD

Postby R&R » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:15 am

Cool! Thanks Tepeix...

This gives a slighly better picture of the problem since i'm not familiar with asm, even less so any limitations of it...

Tepeix wrote:as i suppose that you want to reset each voice independently..

No actually I just wan't to reset all playing streams at once with my trigger button (and they should also use same seed as input) :) and preferebly keep the seed input and functionality as MVs original asm. Frustrating, since the only thing I would really need is to retrigger the entire asm to "start over" using the same seed as input:ed from the poly input.

The seed will be a variable input using a knob etc. Atleast thats the idea I have :D

Tepeix wrote:but we could reset it to zero.

All playing voices state:s to be reset to initial state using seed at once when sync is triggered is my idea :P
Last edited by R&R on Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:43 am

So maybe if I just do something like:

Code: Select all
stage0:
cvtps2dq xmm0,seed;
movaps state,xmm0;
cvtps2dq xmm0,seed;
movaps initstate,xmm0;

And then at stage2 do something like a comparison if an input trigger converted to "int" occured and then replace state with initial state that way?
Or are conditions (comparative integer operators) not available/viable in FS? Maybe that is what you are refering to Tepeix...?
R&R

Postby Tepeix » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:26 am

Yes, but you could also use cvtps2dq xmm0,seed;
movaps state,xmm0; movaps state0,xmm0;

But yes, in 3.6 we do not have a comparator for int.
I suppose cmppd is only in the alpha.

But if you want to reset all the four channel at the same time the skip become more easy :

mov eax, reset[0]; cmp eax,0; jz reseting;
movaps xmm0,state0; movaps state,xmm0;
reseting:

Note that i do something a little bad in those line. Some would prefer this :
cvtps2dq xmm0,reset; movd eax,xmm0;
cmp eax,0; jz reseting;
movaps xmm0,state0; movaps state,xmm0;
reseting:

Yep, eax is supposed to be an int when using cmp.
That's in some way the poor comparator of int but working only with one channel at a time for those that are in 3.6. (and using skip..)

But as we compare against 0, the float will do the same as the int because 0 is the same bit structure.
And it always work for me.. But, it won't if we compare with 1 or any other number..

But if each channel at the same time, why to reset the random ?
Attachments
MVs_Original_Noise +reset.fsm
(3.92 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Tepeix

Postby R&R » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:53 am

:)
The last fsm you posted looks very much like what I would expect it to look like, but it doesn't seem to work though. It doesn't reset/restart the noise it seems...

Tepeix wrote:But if each channel at the same time, why to reset the random ?

Hardsync via triggerbutton(bool)/automation for use with my LFO 8-) The white noise can be considered a "by seed predefined number sequence". Not a pure random number generator.

The white noise is actually the source of random number sequences in MV's S&H and glide LFO modules... and maybe other things that it might be used for.

I also have an idea for a modulation-mix between his glide modules and pure waveforms. Don't know yet, if that particular idea will work...
R&R

Postby Tepeix » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:14 pm

Strange, it reset for me. Maybe it's because of the nature of the sync. (never used this before)
If it's a boolean it might be converted in some way..
Attachments
MVs_Original_Noise +reset test.fsm
(18.15 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Tepeix

Postby R&R » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:35 pm

Tepeix wrote:Strange, it reset for me. Maybe it's because of the nature of the sync. (never used this before)
If it's a boolean it might be converted in some way..

Sorry! you are absolutely correct it does reset :D I forgot to modify my module fed by the noise :oops:

Thank you! Awesome...
This is excellent, now I can focus on the other modules...
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:45 pm

I sent you and MV a PM, if you are curious of the modules you made and modified for me... :D
R&R

Postby martinvicanek » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:25 am

I am always impressed when a creative mind puts together bits and pieces to build something novel, fresh and surprising. Perhaps it is an emergent property, a new quality that is not present in the components, but comes into being when these are assembled in a meaningful way.
martinvicanek

Postby R&R » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:31 am

martinvicanek wrote:I am always impressed when a creative mind puts together bits and pieces to build something novel, fresh and surprising. Perhaps it is an emergent property, a new quality that is not present in the components, but comes into being when these are assembled in a meaningful way.

8-)
What do they say? "Need is the mother of all innovation"

It's an interesting topic also :) In UX user experience design and within the field of testing there is often a need for users that have zero previous experience to test stuff.

I often realize how wide the knowledge gap is, and also the difference in angle and approach, when for example you or Tepeix responds with very advanced math solutions based of your interpretation of my (often "bad" and lacking) problem descriptions :D

In this case regarding FS... I think my ignorance and large lack of knowledge around alot of things can be both beneficial and a curse at the same time :lol: luckily I've had your help to solve stuff...
R&R

Postby R&R » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:49 am

I've had to do alot of compromises in my synth...

I just finished with throwing in MVs Noise (Random) S&H now :)

Since stage0: doesn't care being fed value at "poly stream start" it seems... I split
the noise into two versions, unfortunately always running at the same time to avoid schematic reloads :D

Random_S&H.jpg
Random_S&H.jpg (85.82 KiB) Viewed 6905 times

I also wanted a mode where seed is fed by note pitch 0-144 but that is probably just as much of a problem as
feeding any other poly to stage0: operations...?

Edit: Maybe the conversion to integer can be done at each sample instead... I'll have to look at it later.
Now on to more important issues to deal with :D
R&R

PreviousNext

Return to General