Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Request to ruin your stuff?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Request to ruin your stuff?

Postby R&R » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:06 pm

Yep, might be useful somehow...

Due to feedback loop, levels goes out of control easily when oscillating.
But will try and check if I can find useful value-intervals to be able use similar schematic as an Osc Module for my synth maybe. Has to mainly use saw-wave though 8-)
R&R

Postby R&R » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:53 pm

Think I'll divide this thing into 2 different Osc Modules. One for string:ish sound, and one for the more combfilter/sync sound.

One almost finished 8-)
Damn... (to suit my synth) I actually got it down to 3+(1 hidden) knob incl option for some noise selection... without to much cursing :) Threw an overdrive in there so to limit runwaway output, instead of trying to limit and map values.

Typical me... just qwerty...

Only works when not listening

Noise is key

Also seems to not break at 80hz mod.

Small simple schematic. Really should have tried making some feedback thingies like this earlier :D

As usual with FS it seems 8-) wouldn't have been possible without MV's asm:s... interpolated delay in this case. Like... "who would have guessed" ;)
R&R

Postby R&R » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:37 pm

Need a naming suggestion for a dropdown option :?
What should I call the initial or origin-waveform? (which can sustain continuously though)

You use the term "exciter" in your sims Spogg... My single feedback loop is a far cry from such complex resonant networks/systems :lol: But exciter maybe the closest term, perhaps even in this super simple application?

Hmmm... might go with just "waveform" instead since it's a synth rather than anything else. Seems more synth:ish... :)
R&R

Postby R&R » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:10 pm

Sensitive topic for all analog gearheads? :D
Why Modern Digital Synthesis Is More Analog Than Analog

They never discussed filters but I guess analog filter behaviour and inconsistencies can be completely modeled as well.

I own only 2 cheap analog synths. Only reason I have them is for their filters at high reso. But I suppose they use too modern (well behaved) components... so a 1:1 simulation of them would be 100% the same :lol:
R&R

Postby R&R » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:03 pm

Yea yea. Ok.
For the sake of Spoggs, Tepeix and MV's mental health... I'd better post a somewhat decent demo of my synth. So you don't completely loose faith in humanity ;)

Fun experiment...
Downloaded latinguitar.mid from here https://www.midis101.com/free-midi/87938-latinguitar and replaced all instruments with sounds from my newbie synth. But excluded the drums... :roll: Have to make a Osc Module for some drums in the synth for that later, atleast bass, snare and hihat :D

No effects, no EQ or anything... just 9 instances of Saguaro.one (using it's MIDI Unison for a bit som psuedo stereo) and with my yet to be published update with new Osc Module.

Saguaro.one version of latinguitar.mp3

Not that bad for a synth that sports an ACID smiley made for noisy techno sounds :lol: some small glitches. Might have to look into those. Didn't touch the MIDI at all.

Zero chance of recreating any fancy more real acoustic pitchy bendy frety resonating stuff in this techno synth unfortunately. Luckily the world has Spogg for that... 8-)
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:13 am

I've pretty much never touched an real instrument or even that much midi keyboard since I can't play anything.
Have to look into how retriggering should work best in sound generators that either has to rings out or not... so to speak...
All so confusing :?

Regardless of my synth, this MIDI should sound absolutely fantastic with 9 instances of Spoggs different sims.
Might have some fun with making a Sims version :lol:
R&R

Postby Spogg » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 am

That MP3 sounds impressive! :o

I often start with a pre-made MIDI file for my video demos because I’m not a producer or very skilled player; far from it. It usually takes me ages to find something suitable but I do modify it, normally to humanise it at least.
Spogg

Postby R&R » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:14 am

Spogg wrote:That MP3 sounds impressive!

I often start with a pre-made MIDI file for my video demos because I’m not a producer or very skilled player; far from it. It usually takes me ages to find something suitable but I do modify it, normally to humanise it at least.

Considering there is zero post processing, no effects or mastering plugins added... just levels adjusted. I was suprised I actually was able to tweak some sound to suit the song. Mostly thanks to this new feedback Osc Module i'm adding,

Lowered the bass, removed the annoying hipass on bass (made it sound like overdriven basspeaker). Changed the twangt guitar:ish sound and put some breathnoise etc on the flute that replaced the oboe.

Saguaro.one version of latinguitar slightly improved...

...I think I will do the same and use pre-made MIDI's for any examples/demos in the future... when/if I have the time. Worked out great this time. Might have been lucky though... :lol:
R&R

Postby R&R » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:40 am

Separated the oboe part. Pretty funny this fluty sound came from my synth... Threw Adams shimmer plugin at it...

latinguitar_flute.mp3

To answer the question here I sort of think Adams Solaris is an ultimate synthesizer in a sense :lol: any spectrum of tones you throw at it is turned into a landscape... completely bonkers this one... 8-)
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:28 pm

LOL
Bummer!...
:lol:
Seems the feedback loop doesn't work in different samplerates. Sounds different when in 96 than in 44.1khz.
Probably an interpolation thing, since there are more higher frequencies appearing at higher samplerates.

Strange.
R&R

Previous

Return to General