Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Win10 help, please!

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Win10 help, please!

Postby R&R » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:23 pm

((( triggers ))) triggers me... :lol:

Managing triggers propagating through green schematics became quite a prio in my newbie plugin... to prevent trigger storms. The "Flowstone crashing" type of trigger storm :D

I usually stop triggers in their tracks as close to the source as possible. If I need a particular trigger further down the line, I usually end up routing that trigger separately.

k brown wrote:Good to know.

What sorts of modules are likely to contain those tickers? Step LFOs I'd imagine - what else?

Yes... I use tickers for my LFO's. Not for Step LFO, but for disconnecting mono and poly but still having them exchange values. Where I wasn't able to connect them directly... Due to ASM/DSP's synchronous nature causing issues I think. Maybe I'll be able to do without my MacGyver solution for this in the future... when I learn and understand a bit more how FS executes ASM/DSP 8-)

tulamide wrote:But each of those prims create a new timer ticking.

You're killing me! :lol:

I've had my suspicions but when you drop a bomb like this 8-) I figured the tickers were just variants of the same output... passed from same source based of system clock :roll: Well... seems I have to go through my schematics
regarding this :oops:

Duckett wrote:"stream= fast, green= slow"- this much I also know, when it come to data types and speeds.

My current assumption is that they are the same speed, or well... poly/mono is of course executed faster since it's ASM. Ruby (and greens) in contrary is a high level language execution (using own threads), but they are all still code. Poly/Mono is however the most prioritized since they have to fill the audiobuffert at realtime, otherwise any audio breaks up. I guess. But, I expect tulamide or other FS-ninjas to correct any flaws in my logic surrounding this :lol: 8-)

Deeper down regarding any memory handling and execution stack that Maik might have written/employed... that's way beyond even trying to wrap my pea brain around.
R&R

Previous

Return to General