Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

ODD's and EVEN's in ASM

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: ODD's and EVEN's in ASM

Postby tulamide » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:03 pm

Spogg wrote:No, only 3.06. I don’t develop in the alphas but I do help Johan and Ste sometimes and they use the alpha. So far I haven’t had the problem in the alpha, but I probably wouldn’t have done anyway. Also, it’s very unpredictable, so making a useful test case would be a thankless task.
I actually like the ability to undo after a Save or Save as, so for me it’s a small price to pay if I get the occasional issue as a result. I should add that when I have to restart FS it may well not error the next time.

Ah, I see! My heart attack is averted!

Just for aothers who read: There's a lot more to the situation that Spogg couldn't go into detail. I can just say, never use any other version than 3.0.6.

Previous versions had severe issues that were fixed in 3.0.6, while later version introduced a lot of new issues, that were never fixed. Among them, that Ruby doesn't run in its own thread and in effect only runs at half its speed, which is the biggest no-go.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby R&R » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:04 pm

tulamide wrote:Ah, I see! My heart attack is averted!

:lol:
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:12 pm

R&R wrote:Well :roll: endless addons and adjustments left to add/fix...

But here's an unfinished version 0.48 for anyone curious. Maybe someone has feedback on the UI etc...
More of a looker than a synth perhaps but it makes weird noises that's good enough for me :lol:

Saguaro.one v0.48 unfinished
edit: Only temporary... Link removed.

Under settings is the Random Detune and MIDI Unison (multi voice) option.

Also improved the LFO UI regarding uni/bipolar preview so it makes more sense whats happening, now especially with the recently added flippable LFO Depths knobs + the main LFO up/down option

Oh! and of course a couple of fresh new envelopes under the hood... Thanks for those Martin, much appreciated!
8-)

New version now available for anyone curious about how I used odd/even voice selection...

Saguaro.one v0.48

Not much stereo "content control" since my plugin wasn't designed for actual stereo content.

I also don't know anything about effects... and almost nothing about stereo imaging :D
Might look into some wet/dry... and filtering for centering and reducing any phase cancellations? due to this simple detuning. Has to be very basic in that case, not to increase CPU load much :roll:
R&R

Postby Tepeix » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:33 pm

This video is very interesting about stereo imaging.
But yet i didn't really try to apply it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kRFK_Z2FRU&t=938s
Tepeix

Postby R&R » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:03 pm

Tepeix wrote:This video is very interesting about stereo imaging.
But yet i didn't really try to apply it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kRFK_Z2FRU&t=938s

Interesting, Thanks!

Did a quick playthrough... i'll check it out a bit more in detail later...
From the video I gather that in my case, uwanted panning occurs when L-R waveforms come into phase within certain time windows, causing panning effect. What he demonstrated in the beginning.
If detune is great enough, waveforms dont sync nor have similar enough content anymore to come into phase... so the L-R time differences lay outside what is perceived as "off center panning".

Hijacked my PitchPan-module and modulating it's center (overriding) with x amount of neg/pos-detune value.
So i'm guessing, I will have to create L-R, R-L subtracted content to introduce to either L or R, in between or after the PitchPan module... made out of pure spaghetti, the likes of which has never been seen this part of the galaxy :lol: :P
R&R

Postby R&R » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:51 pm

Hmmm.

Have long suspected it.

At closer look it all became clear...

:roll:

Pan_of_fish.jpg
Pan_of_fish.jpg (50.69 KiB) Viewed 31723 times

I built a "fish" and named the module Pan?
Whales aren't even fish, and nobody likes whaling... No wonder I can't wrap my head around this audio stuff... and never seem to get things to work :lol:
R&R

Postby R&R » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:14 am

Not a single art critic around? :ugeek:

Well, typical... :roll:

:)
R&R

Postby R&R » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:45 pm

How I ended up opening this paper is a mystery since I don't understand any of it :lol:

But looks like it might be a good read for people with math skills:
THE ART OF VA FILTER DESIGN by Vadim Zavalishin
https://www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/pdf/VAFilterDesign_1.1.1.pdf
R&R

Postby R&R » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:02 pm

Even if I told myself not to update my synth for a while... couldn't resist adding some velocity --> envelope to my synth :roll:

But felt a bit unsure how to implement this. Doesn't feel natural choosing a certain velocity as baseline 0 to modulate for example attack knob in both directions +- around current knob value.

Pitch modulation on the other hand feels perfectly fine, either as I did, letting the midpoint be between low and high key, or in other peoples more advanced synths... having 3 sliders across keybed for setting low/mid/high key.

Any suggestions...?
R&R

Postby Spogg » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:38 am

Modulating Attack time with velocity can be useful for simulating some acoustic instruments. I would set the base Attack time to be the longest needed, then reduce the time at higher velocities.

For velocity control I cross-fade between poly velocity and 1, so with the velocity response knob at minimum the control value is 1, and if you increase the velocity response knob a softer velocity will give a lower value.
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to General