Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

missing libraries

For general discussion related FlowStone

missing libraries

Postby tester » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:33 pm

What must be installed under Windows XP SP2/3 to make flowstone exe apps work? I mean - things like net framework, Visual C++ redist, things like that.

I noticed that on some PCs Flowstone exported apps won't start (producing some errors), while Synthmaker exports work correctly, so I guess this is the issue.
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Re: missing libraries

Postby trogluddite » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Maybe related to this...
Crashing on startup
- seems that Ruby requires certain things, so I guess it is the same problem if SM works OK for you.
You can skip most of the thread - just look out for Support's posts where he tells you what to install.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby tester » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:12 pm

I'm not using ruby yet (or at least I guess there should be no ruby modules wandering around). One thing I found on one computer few minutes ago - net framework must be installed (I used version 4.0). The other computer I have problem with - waits.
tester

Postby trogluddite » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:54 pm

tester wrote:I'm not using ruby yet

That raises an nteresting point - I wonder if we can assume that the export does not include Ruby support when there are no Ruby prim's. As the Ruby interpreter is shared between plugins, it could be that it gets started anyway even when not needed. As so many stock components now use Ruby inside (e.g. knobs, labels etc), the dev's may even have decided that a "non-Ruby" plugin was unlikely, and not worth extra development effort to cover that option.
I have no idea if that is the case or not - and I can't yet work out a way to test for sure; might have to ask Malc about that one.
tester wrote:net framework must be installed (I used version 4.0)

Thanks, that is definitely worth knowing. :)
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby tester » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:02 pm

On that computer I mentioned - net framework did not helped.
This one (Microsoft Redistributables 2008/2010):
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=586&hilit=crashes+load#p1915
also did not helped.

Windows XP pro, SP3.

//edit:
works.
tester

Return to General