Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Reaper Performance meter VS actual CPU usage.

For general discussion related FlowStone

Reaper Performance meter VS actual CPU usage.

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:44 am

My plugin shows 0.4% cpu usage in Reaper Performance meter , but almost 17% in my task manager.
Just wondering why the discrepancy ?
lalalandsynth

Re: Reaper Performance meter VS actual CPU usage.

Postby adamszabo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:56 am

Because the cpu meter doesnt account for multi-core. It only shows the CPU of 1 core I believe. The new FlowStones should fix that
adamszabo

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:58 pm

I see , thanks!
lalalandsynth

Postby tulamide » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:00 pm

You can't mix all the different sources!

Reaper itself is known to show more "optimistic" values than the Task Manager. But the latter doesn't just show pure thread performance, but also takes into account small details that lock the CPU without really using it. And Flowstone shows only pure audio processing, it completely ignores everything else, like graphics performance, user input, etc.

If you want to know how your plugin performs, the only way is to do the same things on your plugin and a plugin that you consider lightweight, and then compare the numbers on one performance meter. The difference as a percentage will give you a hint. You won't get closer to the real performance than this.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby lalalandsynth » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:07 am

Also, I have wondered why a plugin say takes 12% and then I add another instance of the same plugin , almost no CPU increase , why is that ?
lalalandsynth

Return to General