Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

FS ADMIN - 'TODAY' MODULE BUG ??

For general discussion related FlowStone

FS ADMIN - 'TODAY' MODULE BUG ??

Postby tiffy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:08 pm

I don't know if you are aware of a possible Bug in the 'Today' Module. I built two different schematics with both the 'Today' Module as well as the 'Time/Date' Module and there are discrepancies between the two in that:

'Today' Module displays:

1. 26th Week of the Year [@ 2 July 2013, 15:59], which should read 27th Week of the Year, and
2. Day of the Year = 115th day [@ 2 July 2013, 15:59], which should read the 183rd day of the Year.

'Time/Date' Module displays correctly:

1. 27th Week of the Year [@ 2 July 2013, 15:59], and
2. Unfortunately it cannot display the Day of the Year.

:?:
tiffy

Re: FS ADMIN - 'TODAY' MODULE BUG ??

Postby Nubeat7 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Nubeat7

Postby tiffy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:39 am

Nubeat7 wrote:what today module you talking about,.. schematic?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1133
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1372&p=5220&hilit=ruby+date#p5220

Hi Nubeat7, after some thought I realize that it could be that these two modules that I am referring to ['Today' Module as well as the 'Time/Date' Module] was constructed by someone else and not by Flowstone at all and that it somehow landed up in my Toolbox. This is maybe why I cannot find any reference to any of the two Modules in the Flowstone User Guide neither in their Component Reference.

Quite two nice Modules however if one consider all the functions available but unfortunately the 'Today' Module in my opinion is defective in that it calculates incorrect data - the 'Time/Date' Module however is fine. If not from Flowstone, one wonders who constructed it as I cannot remember where I got it from then. I apologize for any inconvenience caused to anybody [as well as Flowstone Admin] from me referring to it here - as I am still learning the FS software [newbie with this software].

If anybody is interested to have a peek at these two modules I am prepared to put it up here on this thread as two small schematic examples that I have put together whilst still learning FS software/syntax etc.

Regards.

:oops:

Ok, herewith the two examples of those modules I refered to above. Correction on my part, the one module I refered to as "Time/Date" Module is actually "Timecalcs" Module, pardon for that, however this is also the Module that seems to function correctly. This schematic can be useful for someone in the pigeon flight contest bussiness or something similar.

1. Timecalcs Module ["Date/Time" Module] & Schematic:

2. Today Module & Schematic [the Module that seems to give incorrect answers]:
Attachments
TODAY MODULE & Schematic.fsm
(6.09 KiB) Downloaded 834 times
TIMECALCS Module [Time-Date Module].fsm
(17.28 KiB) Downloaded 827 times
Last edited by tiffy on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiffy

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:33 am

If anybody is interested to have a peek at these two modules I am prepared to put it up here on this thread as two small schematic examples that I have put together whilst still learning FS software/syntax etc.

Hi Tiffy,

I vote to post any examples. :lol:

I too am a new user of FS. Often times I learn something new, even if a particular topic may be off my radar.

8-)
RJHollins

Return to General