Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Ruby problems again

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Ruby problems again

Postby tester » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:30 pm

TrojakEW wrote:
tester wrote:i`m using my rubyknob 3.0

Thank for link but my knob is not much different than yours. Only diference if that I use only one ruby nodule in order to reduce number. Checked ruby code and also preset module and there is no real diference there, almost like thoose we use.

Gosh - did I said that? :mrgreen:

As for ruby. There was a time, at SM age - when I was sad, because something did not wanted to work. I was in the middle of project (after few months), and I encountered performance/stability issue. I started to feel as if I was in the middle of nowhere. I wasn't sure whether the concept I was working on - will work. And like you - there were few modules, that I did not wanted to post on the forum, so you are not alone in that part. Anyway. What I did - I split my thinking into modular directions. Aspects of my project that will work and will be useful so or else "somewhere", and aspects of my projects that may not work no matter what I do. I deliberately assumed, that the project will fail, thus I worked knowing how much time I wish to spend on it. For a while I focused on other parts (useful concepts that would work), and then, after that - came back to the origins. I followed wiring paths, and found that there are some undocumented leakages, that can be processed in different ways than I thought. I rewired almost entire project to check it. While earlier I thought it will take 2-3 months, it took me only few days... Eventually - project started to work. And now, in FS - there are chances to rewire it from scratch again, to optimize it more and make work some new concepts... :mrgreen:

Getting back to the point. Instead of blaming ruby for what it is - on your place I would focus on it's limitations in FS environment; mark them and accept them. Many things you would like to achieve in your projects - probably can be achieved easily in different way and then they will work, maybe even more efficiently. Not without a reason - in SM/FS - there are modules and approaches dedicated to achieve something very specific (like stock preset manager vs custom array and file saving based quasi preset manager). Find them and adapt them.

Trog has a lot of experience in doing things in non-ordinary ways, maybe he could help. Contact him PM and ask. Since your problem is not usual - you need to find someone that you can trust. Someone that will check your files from different perspective.

As for devs - I don't know if they ignore your reports. Maybe they expect from you, that you know the limitations of the software that you are using? Maybe there are some cross-language issues, that promote "emotional demanding" instead of "heathy communication"? Maybe these reports are not precise enough to give back one clear answer without asking for more details? (maybe you gave too little or to vague details?) My bet is - they include your reports to the framework of development without informing you back, because these are not "real" errors, and your projects are so large, that are assumed to be unoptimized? Who did you contacted? I'm just modeling possible scenarios. In last year - I had few issues, and devs did not ignore me.
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby TrojakEW » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:14 pm

tester wrote:Gosh - did I said that? :mrgreen:
Ups I was in a hurry with one leg already on training in gym while posting this.

I will dig in more and will try to find the problem. I never give up and FS can't beat me either :mrgreen: . Bu I'm still interested in testing any syths made with FS. It is hard to find any since plugin developers dont want tell users that they made it with flowstone since many users trying to avoid any syntnaker/synthedit/fs plugins. I only find Arc 5 but if anyone know any other tell me.
TrojakEW

Postby tester » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:21 pm

The benefit of un-popolarity of SM/FS is, that we have easy job, and nobody knows in what we are working, creating this wonderful stuff. :D

This:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2190
may refer to your problem and perhaps help somehow.
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Previous

Return to General