Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

Postby Tronic » Sat May 14, 2016 7:38 pm

MyCo wrote:
Possibility to set the receiving port on the Client primitive, instead of always having a random port?

Don't understand. You can already set the port on Server and Client.

Now on the Client you set the sender port, not the receiver, the client socket port open and assign it randomly,
you can see that in the logger.
MyCo wrote:
Possibility to set the listener IP on the Server primitive, instead of the automatic IP assignment?

Yeah, I think we can add that. But unless you have multiple network controllers, there is not much use of that.

Yes, it is my scenario, a I have to manage multiple controller.
MyCo wrote:
Possibility to have an Ruby connector as alternative input, so I don't need always convert the data byte to hex an back?

This would certaintly break compatibility with older versions. I guess it's doable, but I wouldn't want to add that to the existing primitive. Maybe an alternative would be to add Network functionality directly into Ruby, but I'm not the right person to do that. Network communications is after 20years of software development still like voodoo to me :mrgreen:

I hope for an Ruby socket management integrated,
but an new primitive client/server with ruby input could be enough.
Tronic

Postby Nubeat7 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:21 pm

good to hear that its going forward!

i just try it one more time :)

would it be very difficult to get a new primitive which offers these 3 little infos from the host for vsts:
getHostVendorString (char *text)
getHostProductString (char *text)
getHostVendorVersion ()

its included in the vst sdk in the AudioEffectX Class..

this would be helpful with differencies under the daws, like the ppq story with FL studio and others..

thx
Nubeat7

Postby MyCo » Sat May 14, 2016 8:25 pm

That should be possible. I'll add it to the Todo List
MyCo

Postby Walter Sommerfeld » Sat May 14, 2016 9:47 pm

@Walter: I tried to reproduce the screen size problem. But I honestly don't get it. I guess your main problem is, that you want to display the screen in fullscreen. But since it's still a normal window it gets managed by windows and placed automatically. 2 ways to fix it:
1. check "Fullscreen" checkbox in the exe export dialog
2. use a "Exe Full Screen" Primitive and trigger the fullscreen yourself.
I tested both, and the screen is shown correctly. However you have to make sure you zoom your schematic to 100% (double click on the zoom slider) before exporting the EXE else it's just the size you exported it. <-- That actually something that FS should handle itself... not sure if we should fix it, as it has some benefits.

I think i use(d) these points and of course the 100% zoom... strange :(
Walter Sommerfeld

Postby MyCo » Sat May 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Tronic wrote:Possibility to set the receiving port on the Client primitive, instead of always having a random port?
Possibility to set the listener IP on the Server primitive, instead of the automatic IP assignment?

I've added those two now... moving on...
MyCo

Postby BobF » Sun May 15, 2016 4:20 am

Hello,

How about adding some more video options, like video mixing, fades, wipes, etc. Is it at all possible to do things with video like we do with audio? Just wondering!

Thanks, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Rocko » Mon May 16, 2016 11:03 am

Hi,

I think I had found two bugs with the 3.0.9.2 version, which are not reproducible on SkyLark.

1. ASIO in/out does not update.

Use case:
connect an audio interface (let's call it A) to the PC and fire up flowstone. An ASIO module will read "A".
Now switch off and connect an audio interface 'B". fireup FS and you will still get "A", or moving from A to B will take a lot of time and crash.

2. Delay module (simple delay stock module) does not work on 3.0.9.2 but works ok on SkyLark.
Is this reproducible or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Rocko

Postby MyCo » Mon May 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Rocko wrote:1. ASIO in/out does not update.

Use case:
connect an audio interface (let's call it A) to the PC and fire up flowstone. An ASIO module will read "A".
Now switch off and connect an audio interface 'B". fireup FS and you will still get "A", or moving from A to B will take a lot of time and crash.

I can't really test that, cause I don't have USB audio interfaces. Not sure if that pre-selection really is a bug... It just selects the device that was previously selected. ASIO doesn't remove it from the device list, so we can't know if it's really connected or not. The crash though is really bad. Looks like FS tries to communicate with the unconnected device and doesn't get an answer.

Rocko wrote:2. Delay module (simple delay stock module) does not work on 3.0.9.2 but works ok on SkyLark.
Is this reproducible or am I doing something wrong?

There were some changes to the delay code... so that could be possible. But which delay module do you mean? Can you post a test schematic!
MyCo

Postby iman » Tue May 17, 2016 6:05 pm

Fixed the Midi to Voices component so that MIDI notes no longer get stuck when using the Sustain pedal

This problem still exists in 3.0.9 beta2,,With short release time (Amp Envelope) everything is fine, but with long release (2-5sec) notes gets stuck when using sustain pedal.

it is really bad to preset something as fixed while it still has the issue.
iman

Postby MyCo » Tue May 17, 2016 7:24 pm

iman wrote:
Fixed the Midi to Voices component so that MIDI notes no longer get stuck when using the Sustain pedal

This problem still exists in 3.0.9 beta2,,With short release time (Amp Envelope) everything is fine, but with long release (2-5sec) notes gets stuck when using sustain pedal.

it is really bad to preset something as fixed while it still has the issue.

Well, the reported issue is fixed. What you report here is a different issue in the same part of FS. I just checked it, I can reproduce the problem and it's more something like FS killing the wrong note. It happens when you eg. Play quickly in that order with long release:

1. Release Pedal
2. Play C-4
3. Release C-4
4. Hold Pedal
5. Play C-4
6. Release Pedal

It also looks like it is not related to stolen notes (as it happens with single keys as well)
MyCo

PreviousNext

Return to General