Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

question concerning Ruby and USB

For general discussion related FlowStone

question concerning Ruby and USB

Postby fixstuff555 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:11 am

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the Ruby interpreter inside Flowstone. Yes, I realize it's the full-blown Ruby. What I want to do is this. I would like to use the Ruby USB library, such as this http://www.a-k-r.org/ruby-usb/. How would I go about doing so in Flowstone? My goal is to use an Mbed LPC1768 with it's USBHid capabilities, and roll my own USBHid interface. FIrst of all, is it possible to install this Ruby library? If so, how would you go about doing so? Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks
fixstuff555

Re: question concerning Ruby and USB

Postby Embedded » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:01 pm

It's ok using a library but it may not work if it isn't compiled for MS Visual Studio.

Following the link to the USB library , it says to build and install with:

% ruby extconf.rb
% make
% make install

Those commands are compiling the code from source and not using Visual Studio. It's unlikely that it will work like that with Flowstone. The first step would be to build it with Visual Studio, if that works it's very likely it will work with Flowstone. After having a Visual Studio built version of the library it's just a question of dropping it in the load path.
Embedded

Return to General