Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Installation on a network

For general discussion related FlowStone

Installation on a network

Postby Mark Hudson » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:48 am

Hi

I am looking to buy FlowStone for use in my college, initially for a Music Tech course - to make VST plugins etc - but also maybe for some Physics/Computing if other departments are interested in it.

The plan is to have FlowStone FREE on as many machines as possible - at least one computer room/lab - and 1 or 2 Enterprise/Professional versions (not sure yet) on dedicated workstations.

Because FS could look a bit daunting on to a newcomer (well my students anyway!) I will want set up some new groups in the toolbox that only contain what they will need to use - i.e. relevant audio related modules. I have tried this and can drag modules into a new toolbox group but primitives won't? Is there a reason for this, or can it be done somehow?

My questions:

1. Will FS FREE install to and run from a network with multiple users?
2. Assuming it does, will any additional toolbox groups that I create be visible by default to my students?
3. Can primitives be dragged (like modules) into new toolbox groups?

Many thanks

Mark
Mark Hudson

Return to General