Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

FlowStone 3 - Available Now

For general discussion related FlowStone

FlowStone 3 - Available Now

Postby support » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:43 pm

We have just released FlowStone 3.

We plan to evolve the software from now on through regular updates. To distinguish these, in addition to a version number we've decided to give them names. As version 3.0 brings SynthMaker and FlowStone together we have decided to call this update Symphony.

There are some changes to how we are distributing the software now. First off, we have a new Download page and this is where you'll go to download the software (as opposed to the dowload section of this forum).

The software will ship with a minimal set of modules. Additional modules will now be available in packs from the Download section of this forum.

We are no longer operating a Rental option. If you are a current rental subscriber then instead of downloading the FREE edition, you log in to the download page and download the latest version. This no longer requires your subscription details to be activated. Your payments are equivalent to the the new Update Support tariff so you don't need to do anything further.

If you have any questions or queries please feel free to post here or email us directly at the address at the top of this page.
support

Re: FlowStone 3 - Available Now

Postby trogluddite » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:06 pm

Ah, wondered what all that malarkey with the fireworks was all about outside - now I know, celebrating the release of FS3! ;)
Happened to be noodling on the forum just as the announcement popped up, so let me be the first to congratulate you on the birth of your new baby'. :)

Re: the add-on modules. I take it from this and the new forum area that these are free, and offered this way to help us keep out toolboxes tidy, and ease the workload of maintaining upgrades etc.? - or will there be a mixture of free and paid content?
Also, will you be accepting submissions from users for this area. Forum posts are very convenient to use, but it can be so easy to lose useful modules in amongst the conversations - it would be lovely to be able to keep all the best user offerings in one place (subject to some kind of scrutiny of course, not just any old module would deserve this honour!)
Download installing now,
Best Wishes,
Trog.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby TomC » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:12 am

Congratulations for the new realease :D

One thing I wonder is, I own both SynthMaker Professional Edition and FlowStone 1.1.5 Professional Edition, but your download page says I'm not eligible for updates and have to buy it like any other (new) user.

Did you change your update-policy compared to what you said over in the SynthMaker forum?

Tom
TomC

Postby tor » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:57 am

Congrats :D

I just tried it in XP sp3 installed on a virtual machine in virtualbox. Installation went well but opening FS give this error:
The aplication failed to initialize properly: (0xc0150002)

EDIT: SM 2.05 run like a charm in the same enviroment :!:
tor

Postby trogluddite » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:10 am

Seems good here on Win XP sp3 (native, not in a VM)

The warning about exceeding the component limit was a bit worrying at first when I loaded some old files - but it seems there is some sort of 'grace period'. Replace the knobs with the new Ruby ones and the limit becomes a lot more generous - you save over 300 components per knob!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby CoreStylerz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:17 am

Just Buyed.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: +12 months update!

But WTF Flowstone is still saving VSTi under 2.3.4? was not promised 2.4?
Need my support for app development, website or custom scripts?
PM me if you are interested.
Experienced Java, J2EE, PHP, Javascript, Angular, Cloud Solutions developer.
CoreStylerz

Postby nix » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:59 am

Hey man,
hope u love it!
Orion is telling me that it is 2.4
What host did you use to check?
nix

Postby support » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:03 am

trogluddite wrote:Re: the add-on modules. I take it from this and the new forum area that these are free, and offered this way to help us keep out toolboxes tidy, and ease the workload of maintaining upgrades etc.?

Spot on. That's exactly it. We're not selling modules separately, they are all free.

trogluddite wrote:it would be lovely to be able to keep all the best user offerings in one place

Yes this would indeed be great. It's something that has been talked about for a long time. Hopefully we can start to move in this direction.

@TomC:
The update policy hasn't changed. All existing users are eligible to upgrade by purchasing 12 months update support. You should be able to click on the Update Support link once you've logged in - is this what's showing as not available?

@Tor:
Sorry about that - I wonder if there is something missing that's needed by Ruby. It's definitely not an OS incompatibility but if you have a very clean XP install then it could be that there are some dlls missing that are needed for the ruby dll. First suggestion would be to try installing the VC2008 redistributable:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=29

@CoreStylerz:
Thanks for buying! It should definitely be 2.4. Shows as this in FL Studio & Live.
support

Postby chackl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:23 am

wer is the link to buy NOT the rental version?

Quick Quick Quick :D - Can't wait :D

EDIT:
Foud it - buyed it :D - Website was in cache at me ;) so let rock and match up the VSTi brache "a little bit" :D
I think crazy times arrived now :D
100% accuracy is the guarantee to your success. The value alters if you combine it with musical creativity.
chackl

Postby CoreStylerz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Im sorry you rigth... I saved in the wrong vsti plugin path.. 2.4 is on! :D
Need my support for app development, website or custom scripts?
PM me if you are interested.
Experienced Java, J2EE, PHP, Javascript, Angular, Cloud Solutions developer.
CoreStylerz

Next

Return to General