Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

DSPR please give a statement

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: DSPR please give a statement

Postby DigiTonix » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:35 am

Perhaps I, too, have the right to speak! ...

In recent years, technological progress is developing very fast,
Hardware breaks to new heights in this connection is required to have a new and universal programming languages ​​that meet the modern needs of developers and go with the times!

The most effective and easiest way to create any kind of software is a graphical programming, what we have now! I am sure that with the support of the Forum we will be able to move forward! Together we are the generator of endless possibilities, and I hope for the best with you !,

As already said Aron, flow is great for creating a graphical user interface,In this regard, the flow can be considered one of the best, in my opinion, we can not lose sight of this ...

Thank you for the opportunity to speak with you!...
Creative Technology for Bold Player's!
DigiTonix

Postby Spogg » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:12 pm

nix wrote:I'm pretty sure Jorge moved on to other things years ago,
Myco, Maik Menz is now working at it too though.
It may be after the busy Christmas period we could receive clarification.

News just in:

Jorge Costa just joined the Facebook group 20.12.16 at 16:10

Let's hope for some dialogue...

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby kortezzzz » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:20 am

FS opened for me doors to develop my own crazy idea (all the way to a full working prototype, with a huge help from one of the gurus here). Never thought that this platform would ever enable this kind of creation, but it pridefully did. After the work was done, I've started to look at FS as never before:

Probably the best development platform out there for the non-coding entrepreneur which has some nous and some vision. Just imagine it and you'll probably create it yourself one day.

It would be a weeping for generations to see this platform fades away. So much potential, so much simplicity, so much diversification. Damn, it's too good to die like this.

Would anyone in DSPR at least share with us what (and how much) is needed to progress the future development?
kortezzzz

Postby jjs » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:31 pm

You people are still here???

The devs are deaf i presume or left the building long ago.
They don't listen and don't inform you by any means.
A bit of normal communication would be good.
Any other development platform just communicates via their forums.

I can't understand that most people here still run after the devs while the project is as good as abondoned.
A shame that's true because it had so much potential, but they are simple not interested in the vst market anymore.
It's not so big anymore as it was.
And for Robotics the market is very limited. This development tool is great if you want to connect some hardware or as vst creation, and that's it.
There is to less potential in it to use it as a development platform for other programs.
There is no support for 64bit.
There is no multiplatform support.
There is no communication.
There is no promise which is kept.
It's not as professional or used as Labview.

If this development platform wants to survive or re-live then make it Open Source.
Create a community version which allows to build standalones and create a paid version which offers more special features.

I'm just writing this because i feel pitty for al those folks who really want to use and love this and give it life.
Been away for a 2 years almost now and i see ZERO progression.

So be wise and put your energy elsewere, you can learn other programming languages.

Cheers.
jjs

Postby anjey_olaf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:56 pm

I'm sure that developers are working on the product. I'm sure that will not die Flowstone. Developers are well aware that as soon as they release updates 64-bit and then ported to the Mac environment, this unique environment simply is not and never will. They know it !! And do not miss this chance. Even if Flowstone conceives them die must buy somebody (Microsoft or Apple). I believe! I am waiting! :)
anjey_olaf

Postby tester » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:01 pm

It''s simple.

There is no better prototyping platform than Flowstone.
There is no better support than people that use Flowstone.
Even if FS is no longer developed nor maintained by owners.

To make Flowstone dead, two thing would have to happen.
1. A new, better and easier prototyping platform, not only for what FS is right now.
2. Either a crowd of people who answer to issues, or someone who does not sleep and answers to issues.

Even Google is too lazy to offer a true alternative, and see what Google is.
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby jjs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Well then better use your eyes on the web a bit more.
There are lot's of development environments.

And the one i jumped on to is Livecode, it's supports Linux, Windows, MacOS, HTML5, Android, iOs has now capabilities to embed other languages as C++, Javascript etc.
Has a simple English Language like scripting language which is very easy to learn, simpler than Ruby.
And a very great and active community on their forum, were even developers are replying when needed. Adn an active bug reporting system where most bugs are being solved within a motnh.
You can create really fast prototype or just use it as the main thing.

Check it out, then come back and say again what you are saying.
jjs

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:56 pm

Livecode.

Can it create VST plugins ? what about other formats ?

Thanks

--- edit ---

OH ... a $1000 a year. Nevermind.
RJHollins

Postby jjs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:11 pm

Nope VST not, but that's good as dead. at least in Flowstone. Learn C++ instead.

The community version is free of charge and can do enough for most people.

Always a better option to get further then to run after people who will never give you what they promised a few years ago. :o :shock:
jjs

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:36 am

Sorry to break the news .... VST is hardly dead.

2nd ... Learning C++ is not on my agenda, that I learn to serious programmers. I already have a Professional career in Audio [for the past 40+ years].

Nonetheless ... it is still appreciated to hear of other development software. Thank-you
RJHollins

PreviousNext

Return to General