Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

USB communication with Sensel Morph etc.

For general discussion related FlowStone

USB communication with Sensel Morph etc.

Postby NothanUmber » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi everybody!

Long time no see :) Have been a SynthMaker user back in the early days and am now looking into whether Flowstone could work for a DIY musical instrument I am planning.

One of the components of this instrument will be a couple of Sensel Morphs - a touch surface with pressure support.

They have an API for C++, Python or Processing available here:
https://github.com/sensel

Now the question would be:
* Can I write custom modules for Flowstone in C/C++?
* Are the USB modules in Flowstone flexible enough that I could rebuild the API from Flowstone modules?
* bonus question 1: Native 64 bit Windows VST support, Mac support and Linux support would of course be awesome! (My dream would be VST32/64 support on Windows and Mac, AU support on Mac and VST,LV2 and standalone Jack2 support on Linux. I know, I am greedy :P ) As I haven't found any words about whether any of these things are on the roadmap: Did anybody have success to run Flowstone or Flowstone generated VSTs on Linux or Mac with Wine/CrossOver/Plugwire?
* bonus question 2: Is the timing of the green (non audio components) now good enough to build time accurate midi processors? (That was one of the big things on the roadmap last time I did something with SM. Hope it's in now? :) )

Thanks for reading so far and even more thanks in advance for potential answers :)

Greetings,
NothanUmber
NothanUmber

Return to General