Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Polyphonic question

For general discussion related FlowStone

Polyphonic question

Postby HughBanton » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:33 pm

I've just returned after a 9 year absense! Started playing with SynthMaker back ~2008, but life & work got in the way back then and I drifted away.
More recently I've got into programming Arduino etc., mainly to enable me to build my own MIDI keyboard encoders and suchlike, and now that I pretend to be 'retired' and have a little more relevant knowledge I have just started to look at FS again.
Believe it or not, I'm still inspired by the same project that I was looking at in 2008. I still have the master plan(!), which mostly involves playing lots of single cycle progammable waveforms. Many of the algorithms that I'll need I have already proved in C within Arduino/Teensy, so onward.
Anyway ... rather than going into any of the details at this stage, can someone help me with a very fundamental question (and since I barely know what I'm doing yet I dare say there's an embarrassing explanation .. ;-) - which is:
Why does this schematic not play polyphonically?
And for that matter what determines whether a design is polyphonic or monophonic, or sets its polyphony limit?
Grateful if someone can set me on the right lines.
Attachments
Wave_Counter_experiment_3.fsm
(40.88 KiB) Downloaded 859 times
HughBanton

Re: Polyphonic question

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi Hugh,
the MIDI to Poly module has a property where you set the number of voices. ;)
Looking forward to seeing your project evolve!
Oh, If you post a schematic created with a FS beta please advise so we who use one of the stable versions don't get a storm of error messages upon loading. Just saying, no offense. :)
martinvicanek

Re: Polyphonic question

Postby HughBanton » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Oh cheers, Martin. Never looked - I guessed it would be simple!
So I've downloaded an unstable FS beta .. sorry about that - there's two things I've learnt today!
HughBanton

Return to General