Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

The days before Flowstone/SM

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: The days before Flowstone/SM

Postby MrFuls » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:26 pm

I've messed with trackers briefly with modplug, but it takes quite a bit of experience with the thing to know what's going on! I just liked to play a midi version of Beethoven's ninth I nabbed off the net, and watch all those little numbers go by :lol:

I didn't have one of those 100-in-one kits growing up, but I did have a Radioshack Sensorlab which was based off the same sort of concept. Spring terminals, knobs, and these various different sensors (One I remember being a photocell, another an infrared sensor) that you could plug into a port on the top. There was also a breadboard section in the middle for..well..breadboarding.

Now that I think of it, those kit boards really do strike me as a physical, retro 70's version of flowstone, with all the different components and knobs you could hook up and play with :mrgreen: I think mine had some bar graph LEDS too!

Spogg, I love the cabling on some of your old setups :lol:. Those dual reel-to-reels really tell a tale of a time when those decks were the only way to save and edit one's music. Really wish I could've gone back in time to bag myself some of those curtis chips!

This was my first swing at a TOS/Divider generator. Wanting to set quirky rules for the project, I went off the deep end and won an ebay auction for a 12-note tonewheel gen. off a Hammond x-66. The "Dividers" are 74hct393 ripple counters. The keyboard was evidently from an old electric carillon, but had served a previous life as a remote tuner for a theater organ.

https://i.imgur.com/ru9AcHR.jpg

The divider board is all wire-wrap construction (whew, not doing that again!), with machine pin sockets for pretty much every component. Somehow it all works! Beats me :?

https://i.imgur.com/lQGSkCv.jpg

As far as Tula's demos go, I love the character of the cronchy samples juxtaposed against the tape hiss :lol: I'd say the second sounds almost like something straight out of Unreal Tournament '99 :mrgreen:

Hope others chime in with demos as well, I'll follow suit if I end up finding/recording anything up to snuff
MrFuls

Previous

Return to General