Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

two questions

For general discussion related FlowStone

two questions

Postby theorize » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:41 pm

First, when I click on the "Buy" tab in the site, I only get a 12 month upgrade option, is this because I purchased synthmaker way back in the day? is the upgrade option what I should choose if I wish to purchase flowstone?

My other question is about the capabilities of Flowstone: I'm not really after making VST's....there are already so many good plugins out there I don't think I have anything to add to that realm, even though that may happen (maybe a couple FSU/sound design plugs), I'm primarily interested in making standalone programs. Basically I want to make a 21st century Orangator. After all these years I have started using it again because I got a Polyend Tracker and since it uses just single samples Orangator is a pretty good tool to make samples for it, I just want a modern Orangator and the only way I'm getting anything like that is if I make it myself and I'm hoping flowstone can do it. I don't want to make an exact copy of orangator, just something similar, the actual synthesis would more closely resemble a VST hybrid synth.

for anyone who doesn't know what Orangator is, it's a standalone synth where you set the frequency and length of your sound, set the parameters and then can render out a sample of the sound. It's a really fun program for just banging out single samples to use later.
Here is a youtube vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBohKTFFAsk
"no handbanana! no baddog! no! noooooo!!!!!!!"
theorize

Re: two questions

Postby Spogg » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:48 am

It’s been a long time since I bought FS but as I recall you only ever get the 12 month “upgrade” offered. The upgrade refers to any future releases to which you’re entitled for 1 year without having to pay again. It doesn’t mean that you’re upgrading any existing software.

On all my recent synths I provide a recorder module, so you can record a sound or clip and save it as a wav file. It should work fine in any standalone synth so feel free to use it. It uses a midi Note On message to start recording.

Have fun!
Attachments
Recorder.zip
FS 3.06
(940.78 KiB) Downloaded 688 times
Spogg

Return to General