Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

float value from poly

For general discussion related FlowStone

float value from poly

Postby TeslaTronik » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Is there a way to get a float value from using the output bus on a mod matrix (without using poly-mono, mono-float) - so i can modulate knob values via envelopes and lfo's and such.
TeslaTronik

Re: float value from poly

Postby Wassaka » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:18 pm

TeslaTronik wrote:Is there a way to get a float value from using the output bus on a mod matrix (without using poly-mono, mono-float) - so i can modulate knob values via envelopes and lfo's and such.

I do not know if that's what you're looking for, but check it out :D :D
Attachments
Knob Modulation.fsm
(131.55 KiB) Downloaded 902 times
Wassaka

Postby TeslaTronik » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 am

Thanks for taking the time to make the example :).

what i already had in place was very similar to how you have done it, but as it is coming from Poly to Mono, then Mono to Float, the signal from the mod source will give out value's higher than 1 when more than one key is pressed, my attempt around this was to divide the mod source number by the amount of keys being pressed, i think this is where mine is glitching out. all though it gives me to desired values, it fluctuates sometimes random values.

i guess i will try a different method.. i can't seem to find any examples of "knob" modulation.

thanks again.
TeslaTronik

Postby billv » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Here's an example....but it's all in green...not sure if it will help...
http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2355#p11104
billv

Postby TeslaTronik » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:28 pm

Thank you bill, i actually looked at this already all though its very cool indeed,but its not exactly what i need.

i have attached a schematic laying out my problem, any help would be appreciated.

in short my technique just seems sloppy and wrong and i'm sure other "synthmakers" don't do it this way?

Thanks.

modulation trouble 1.fsm
(137.47 KiB) Downloaded 873 times
TeslaTronik

Postby billv » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:39 pm

I'm still on 3.06 Pebble, the schematic crashed on open, so I can't really help.....
Hopefully the other guys will chip in and you'll get it sorted. :|
billv

Postby adamszabo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:50 pm

Wait until the new beta version is out, and it will have exactly what you need. It has a new 'max poly to mono' which you can use.
Attachments
max.jpg
max.jpg (34.28 KiB) Viewed 26012 times
adamszabo

Postby Spogg » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:34 pm

This was saved in 3.09 beta and it's not advisable to use this.

However I took the chance to provide a solution which is attached. I'm a beta tester so it was a good opportunity to play.

If you can't open it I won't be surprised (saved with latest test version) but the technique I used is to use the channel i.d. =0 to output just the poly signal from channel 0 using a simple DSP code. This is the first channel to open. All other channels will be ignored and it works fine. No need to divide or anything, just convert poly-mono-float. Whatever version you are using you won't need any new prims.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
modulation trouble 1 spogged (FS v3.0.9b2-884-g5783a27) .fsm
(160.08 KiB) Downloaded 888 times
Spogg

Postby adamszabo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Spogg your method wont work if you hold several chords. My version restarts when you hold a new key in a chord (I think thats what he was after)
adamszabo

Postby Spogg » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:34 pm

adamszabo wrote:Spogg your method wont work if you hold several chords. My version restarts when you hold a new key in a chord (I think thats what he was after)

Interesting Adam!

I thought there would always be a channel i.d. =0. Can there be a situation where there are channels open but none are tagged as zero then?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Next

Return to General