Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Overclock Tick and send to blue (is maybe possible ?)

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Overclock Tick and send to blue (is maybe possible ?)

Postby RJHollins » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:51 pm

i'd just like to know how to slow down time :|
RJHollins

Postby DaveyBoy » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:56 am

RJHollins wrote:i'd just like to know how to slow down time :|

Me too, the older I get, the faster it seems to pass :?
DaveyBoy

Postby Spogg » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:23 am

DaveyBoy wrote:
RJHollins wrote:i'd just like to know how to slow down time :|

Me too, the older I get, the faster it seems to pass :?

Indeed! As tulamide said (I think!) time is a human perception; a product of consciousness which itself has proved impossible to understand. I’ll add that it’s not just age that alters the perception. Yesterday I was waiting to leave at the right time to go to a funeral. Those 15 minutes lasted forever, but if I’m working in FlowStone 15 minutes is gone in what seems like an instant.
Spogg

Postby billv » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:28 am

Tick..Tick..Tick..BOOM.. :D ...Cosmology is a beautiful thing.... :lol:
billv

Postby tulamide » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:10 pm

Spogg wrote:Indeed! As tulamide said (I think!) time is a human perception; a product of consciousness which itself has proved impossible to understand. I’ll add that it’s not just age that alters the perception. Yesterday I was waiting to leave at the right time to go to a funeral. Those 15 minutes lasted forever, but if I’m working in FlowStone 15 minutes is gone in what seems like an instant.

I'm adding a few thoughts!

Let's not forget, that even Einstein made exactly that comparison:
"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute you think it's two hours. That's relativity."

His Special Theory makes clear that time is relative to the frame of perception. Somebody flying by with light speed sees the world as a non moving object - and everything on it. No car, no man, no wind. Nothing moves. But it is the very same world, we sense as moving, while we don't even notice that somebody flying by with light speed. In our perception he doesn't exist and his time didn't exist.

My surgery after the heart attack lasted actually longer than my time with the emergency team. Yet I would swear it was the other way around. A fly that lives 3 days and sees with roughly 5x more images per second sees us like we see trees - almost no movement, almost no development. Now watch a tree recorded with a time lapse camera and you understand how much it is dependend on perception.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Previous

Return to General