Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Help. Selector not obeying index input

For general discussion related FlowStone

Help. Selector not obeying index input

Postby chjan » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:10 pm

I have a selector subject to a simple true/false signal, but as the snapshot illustrates, the selector refuses to make the switch. You see FALSE is coming in (from a user gui toggle button), while the bolean variable is still at TRUE, hence the selector is not triggered.

If I add a 25 ticker to the index input of the selector, it works.
It also works when the state is FALSE, and the user make a change to TRUE, but TRUE to FALSE transition is the problem. It does not work.

I cannot remember having seen this behaviour before, so:

What are the complete set of possible reasons for this to happen?
As a remedy, how to scrupolously fire a trigger to the selector when the boolean changes?

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 18.04.58.png
Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 18.04.58.png (66.89 KiB) Viewed 3782 times
chjan

Re: Help. Selector not obeying index input

Postby martinvicanek » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:05 pm

chjan, it is hard to tell only from the screenshot. As I understand it, connectors may have a state but it will only propagate to the next module or prim if there is a trigger. (There are downstream and upstream triggers! :o :? ). We would need a relevant part of the schematic to see why apparently there is a trigger for FALSE to TRUE transitions but not in the opposite case.

Oh, and since this is about FS alpha, better post it on Slack or Discord. ;)
martinvicanek

Return to General