Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Newbie question. Mixing Poly and Mono in schematics?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Newbie question. Mixing Poly and Mono in schematics?

Postby R&R » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:23 pm

tulamide wrote:Something like this? I might have misunderstood. That's normal, when I don't read a super precise text that covers all eventualities :lol:

8-)
Not exactly... but close.
The separation has to be between the knob-interaction part and the preset module (Param-prim).
In other words one knob (excluding the preset module) instead switching between several preset-modules.
R&R

Postby Spogg » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:42 pm

Is this more like what you have in mind?

Seems to work…
Attachments
Mplexed knob dev 1 .fsm
FS 3.06
(83.24 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Spogg

Postby R&R » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:25 pm

Spogg wrote:Is this more like what you have in mind?

:D Naaaw... like this... or any simplified variation of it. Well, this seems to work also.

Hmmm... this seemed to easy. Why on earth didn't I try this sooner :lol: and why do I always become suspicious that things won't work in the real scenario when something is this simple in FS :lol:

I think I have the record now for "most and largest" selectors and multiplexors ever, even before a mod like this would be done :roll:

Edit #2:
At least for my purposes with the knob Spogg posted, I needed trigger switches to block value from the knob interaction-module overwriting the selected presets value. Added them to the file.

Edit #3:
Also the "set" trigger switch and redraw limiter part of the preset modules has been moved to after the selector.
Attachments
preset_switching_4.fsm
(14.33 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Last edited by R&R on Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:22 am, edited 7 times in total.
R&R

Postby Spogg » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:58 am

Your solution is similar but better than mine. In yours I believe the selected preset will allow the knob to show automation movement on the GUI. Also I like the fact that the destination selected for the knob is recalled in the preset, whereas mine didn’t do that. Well done!

I suggest you make something dead simple and test it in a VST export in your DAW, just in case it needs more attention.
Spogg

Postby R&R » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:47 am

Was afraid it would glitch when changing presets, that's why I never bothered to try it before. Also the reason I
enquired about it...

Spogg wrote:I suggest you make something dead simple and test it in a VST export in your DAW, just in case it needs more attention.

Dead simple it is... Throwing it in my plugin right away then :lol:

The layout of my synth allows for changing out a any number so I can try with 30 of these and test out for a while to see if it acts up when changing presets with such large schematic as a whole....

Suspect I can make away with several hundred kilobytes worth of schematic size if it works. That's great...

Edit:

I think my .fsm at that time was at 8mb... I don't know the exact size at which it failed.

Suspect I can make away with several hundred kilobytes worth of schematic size if it works.

Quoting and correcting myself. I suspect instances (copies) stays copies inside .fsm files but likely do consume ram memory. So I should see a dip in ram usage by the plugin or FS as I reduce instances? But file size should roughly stay the same, I guess.

Wonder how FS handles instances in exports? I guess the FS-engine stays the same in the exports...
R&R

Postby R&R » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:41 am

Yay! :P v0.41

Finally got poly2mono LFO modulation to fly. Not the most beautiful solution but it seems to work.

:oops: Also noticed I had sabotaged my pitch and velocity modulation in previous export (maybe even some earlier versions). Fixed and updated.
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:00 pm

Trying to reduce and micro-optimize some more.
Would be really nice to use the syncable LFO oscillators that Spogg posted earlier...

The transition time seems like a great option instead of the toolbox smoothing I resorted to.

Don't know if you can help me with this one also Martin? In case you're very restless maybe ;)
I won't be doing my own ASM any time soon :lol:

The issue preventing me from using them was (if I remember) that these LFO Osc's don't offset phase when receiving sync.
Attachments
MVs_sync_LFO.fsm
(38.71 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:04 pm

Btw I created a Frankenstein triangle using Poly that's inside my plugin.
Somehow... :D I suspect you've already made one of these in ASM MV?

Exp_triangle.jpg
Exp_triangle.jpg (11.85 KiB) Viewed 5721 times
R&R

Postby Tepeix » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:32 pm

I think, this might be a triangle, multiplied 2 time by itself.
In this case, the triangle might be aliased unless we use special technique.
I don't know how to make it bandlimited with the Blep or Poly blep..
But you could oversample or use a filter before the multiplication.

The x^3 do one harmonic at 1.5 octave.
Tepeix

Postby R&R » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:09 pm

Tepeix wrote:I think, this might be a triangle, multiplied 2 time by itself.
In this case, the triangle might be aliased unless we use special technique.
I don't know how to make it bandlimited with the Blep or Poly blep..
But you could oversample or use a filter before the multiplication.

The x^3 do one harmonic at 1.5 octave.

Yes it's a x^3...
I'm feeding the regular toolbox triangle osc into some multiplier-prims etc so I can mix between the these curves seamlessly at any rate. It does have some aliasing...
For my needs however, this poly-prim solution has almost non existing aliasing in the LFO range.
But it's not very optimal overall, since it probably uses alot of unnessecary cpu... since i am also forced to use the toolbox triangle, or a DSP triangle.
R&R

PreviousNext

Return to General