Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker -> Flowstone Migration

For general discussion related FlowStone

Synthmaker -> Flowstone Migration

Postby rlr » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:57 am

I did an A/B comparison of an osm file exported as a VSTi dll with the osm converted with FS and exported to VSTi. Everything is working, the one notable difference is the dll size, the FS export has ~1 additional MB than the SM export.

The only thing that bugs me is that Hermann Seibs VST host reports the FS export as "exports VST SDK <= 2.3 main function". Wasn't FS supposed to generate VST 2.4 compatible plugins? or did I overlook something?
rlr

Re: Synthmaker -> Flowstone Migration

Postby jjs » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:06 am

somewhere on the SM forum this is allready been spoken about and has to do with some setting in flowestone, search on that forum and you also see the answer of Malc
jjs

Postby trogluddite » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:02 pm

The additional file size probably comes from Ruby - for plugins with Ruby, the interpreter and definitions of the FlowStone Ruby objects and methods will need to be 'wrapped' into the .dll.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby infuzion » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:12 am

trogluddite wrote:The additional file size probably comes from Ruby - for plugins with Ruby, the interpreter and definitions of the FlowStone Ruby objects and methods will need to be 'wrapped' into the .dll.
This, plus all the new primitives. Remember that old primitives never get deleted, so that old Mono Multiply is still in the .dll.

I am surprised it is only 1Mb additional for all that.
infuzion

Postby rlr » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:55 pm

The additional filesize is no problem. Its good to have the ruby runtime integrated into the plugin DLL.

But is it really VST 2.4?
rlr

Postby jjs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Read this about the vst 2.4, it is there and working as CoreStyler also confirmed.

http://synthmaker.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... =90#p89888
jjs

Postby rlr » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:58 pm

I was confused that VSThost reported an exported plugin as a VST 2.3 plugin. But after a more thorough look it indeed seems to be VST 2.4 compliant.
rlr

Postby digitalwhitebyte » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 am

rlr wrote:I was confused that VSThost reported an exported plugin as a VST 2.3 plugin. But after a more thorough look it indeed seems to be VST 2.4 compliant.

you can inspect with this utility for better info
vst_scanner
digitalwhitebyte

Return to General