Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Newbie. What I ended up with...

For general discussion related FlowStone

Newbie. What I ended up with...

Postby R&R » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:04 pm

The first one is always the best one... or not :lol: ;) Even made a little page for it...
http://saguaro.one

This is what became of my synth. First attempt at something "FlowStone". Missing some stuff. And... bugs. But. Anyway.

Don't hate me to much as I won't be sharing the .fsm for this one...

Because...

Gollum.jpg
Gollum.jpg (24.42 KiB) Viewed 8401 times

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But it doesn't contain any secrets. Only alot of invested time and "mostly" FS toolbox modules.

And yeah... Sorry! there "is" a donation-button :P definately not aimed towards the FlowStone crowd 8-) It only serves to show that I value my time (because, damn! FS takes time). Rather than my knowledge... which I have none, atleast not within this audio DSP math stuff.
Last edited by R&R on Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
R&R

Re: Newbie. What I ended up with...

Postby R&R » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:07 pm

MV if you wan't any kind of acknowledgement let me know :!:

I needed to bastardize it to do my biding but for example there wouldn't be a scope in this plugin without you...
R&R

Postby martinvicanek » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:46 pm

Congradulations R&R, that's quite an achievement for a "newbie"! 8-)
If you want to carry on with the project and perhaps suppress clicks or aliasing, we may be able to help.
Feel free to credit me if you think I somehow contributed. If it's only for the scope, well, that's perhaps not really such a big thing.
martinvicanek

Postby R&R » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:55 pm

martinvicanek wrote:Congradulations R&R, that's quite an achievement for a "newbie"! 8-)
If you want to carry on with the project and perhaps suppress clicks or aliasing, we may be able to help.
Feel free to credit me if you think I somehow contributed. If it's only for the scope, well, that's perhaps not really such a big thing.

Thanks Martin!

Well... :P
I did take a look at Synthmaker back in the day when it was first introduced with FruityLoops, but didn't have the patience to understand what I should even do with it. At first I thought it was some modular synth of sorts...
And I suffered then, as now, from the lack of crucial music/sound theory and audio engineering skills. Atleast to realize some ideas I'm still forced to hold on to.

Filters are the center piece of any synth so... - If one can't design and tweak the filter, then no unique sound :cry:

I do have some experience within software testing, UX and graphic design. That's why it might look "more the part" than the plugin sounds.

Feel free to credit me if you think I somehow contributed.

I highly suspect there are other small modified bits and pieces (modified DSP snippets probably) from you other than the scope. But the scope and... come to think of it I might not have removed all of your sine-oscillators after trying them out, to gauge the CPU performance with my multisaw modules. But I think that is it...

But the scope was such an important part of the layout even from the start. I not only incorporated it into the
plugin itself but used it as a tool...

I you wish I can credit you by putting a thanks to + name in the about of the next scheduled FS-export... and If you have a web site or something, that can be linked from the suaguaro.one website as well...
One or both. No matter.
???

Anyhow I'm very greatful for the stuff you created and showed on this forum, and so should everyone else be.
Thanks also to Spogg and the other FS veterans...

I have to focus on some other stuff, but I'll probably get back to this plugin later on. Maybe then a good time to look at aliasing and clicks...
Last edited by R&R on Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R&R

Postby tulamide » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:24 am

R&R wrote:I do have some experience within software testing, UX and graphic design.

And it shows! I've waited for years to finally see a Flowstoner using a modern, well thought out design that's not taken from another synth. And as "that" guy, always talking about the importance of UX and UI design, so much, that most people here are annoyed by it, I really appreciate this one. It's the first Flowstone plugin GUI, where I have nothing to complain, from a technical standpoint.
Of course, if it looks good or bad depends on a user's interest. I won't touch that. But all the details, I always preach about, are there. From the layout to using space, from distribution of functionality to having a concept. It might have one or two colors too many, but I'm in a good mood today :mrgreen:

Seriously, well done.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby R&R » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:00 am

Thanks tulamide!

It might have one or two colors too many, but I'm in a good mood today :mrgreen:

Never underestimate the importance of any "shock value" that can be had... :P

Generally the GUI is a throwback to the rack units of the 90's in some sense.

All those 19" 303 clones.

I even owned a Rave-O-Lution 309 back then. How about that 8-) ;)
R&R

Postby R&R » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:05 pm

Early screenshot...

Saguaro_zero.jpg
Saguaro_zero.jpg (75.8 KiB) Viewed 8250 times

I knew where I was going atleast 8-)

I actually have a backup of every day. Timelapse maybe? That would be an interresting watch inside some modules. Like a horror movie :lol:
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:59 am

MV since I very much suspect you don't like being affiliated by name (search result and such) with the more amateur plugins out there containing pieces you've made...

I used MV, presented you in the context of FlowStone community and linked your site... they'll see your name if they end up on your site.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/saguar ... aguaro-one
https://www.saguaro.one/

Hope that's okey...
R&R

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:47 am

Wow, that‘s very kind of you, R&R, thank you!
martinvicanek

Postby R&R » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:12 am

The least I can do 8-)
R&R

Next

Return to General