Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

toolbox

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: toolbox

Postby trogluddite » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:51 pm

Yes, I see the same thing - it's just re-parsing the .hom files every load as far as I can see; the tags re-attach to the modules even if you delete the matching tag in the main list.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby jbonnell4394 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:54 pm

I created a schematic with a few knobs in SynthMaker, I open that schematic , add the knobs into FlowStones toobox Under the "Knobs-1". After a flowStone Re-Start now my knobs are in Various Stuff and Level Meters.. How can it do that when I added the knobs directly from a schematic ???

Knob-Problem.JPG
Knob-Problem.JPG (36.23 KiB) Viewed 19895 times
jbonnell4394

Postby jbonnell4394 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:03 am

Oops, Didn't see your post up there Trog :-) ok so now we know that there is some funky bug in the tagging system.. I'm SO ready to purchase FlowStone 3 with the 12 months updates but we need to get the toolbox fixed
I'm having loads of fun with Ruby.. :-)

Thanks for sticking with me and checking this out Trog. You are very helpful.. :-)

-J
jbonnell4394

Postby trogluddite » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:14 pm

jbonnell4394 wrote:Thanks for sticking with me and checking this out Trog. You are very helpful.

No worries, mate - I have far to much stuff to migrate over to be able to tolerate this not working properly.
Seems we have a pretty thorough grasp of what's wrong thanks to our experiments, so I'm going to summarise it all and e-mail to the dev's today.
I think this highlights why we need a proper bugs reporting area on the forum - relying solely on users to e-mail the company wastes the opportunity for users to share what they have found out so that bug reports can be more accurate and useful to the programmers.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby support » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Yes, does appear like there's an issue here. We'll look into it and get back to you.

[EDIT - realised that this next bit had already been posted above :-) ]
Note that you can add several modules to the toolbox at once from a schematic by selecting them and dragging the selection in. Those modules will then be tagged with whatever tags are selected at the time.
[/EDIT]
support

Postby admin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:58 pm

I think I have an idea why this is happening. The tag mappings are stored in the Tags folder under FlowStone in App Data (parallel to the modules folder). For modules these mappings are based on the module name. The idea was that you might want to swap a set of tags for another and that you could do that simply by swapping the files. For this to work, mapping by name was the only real way to do it.

What we've just noticed from your posts above is that the downside of this is if you add modules which have the same name. In that case the tags get merged and this is why you are getting the tags muddled up (above they all get the default name New Module because no name is specified).

If your modules have unique names this won't happen.

So clearly we need to sort this. We were on the verge of the first update so we'll get this sorted for that release. Sorry for any convenience caused.

Just one last point. In SM, with the filter groups the group name was stored with the module. This meant that if you moved the module it would retain the name. However, to change the group you had to delete the module and then re-add it under a different filter group. It's this group that is used as a tag when you copy .hom files over. No other text form inside the .hom is picked up. I can see why you might have speculated that this was the case but it's not what's happening.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:08 pm

hardwarehost wrote:
support wrote:Browsing through components is always going to be time consuming no matter how many are visible.
not in my opinion, I cant imagine if you take the palette from the painter where he can see every colour and give him "scroling pallete" and say " :? thats better tool dude" this is my point of wiev

listen i dont understand whats the problem, just add the vertical lines of new modules, like if user do larger toolbox he gets 2X, 3X, 4X more visible..... if he do thiner he gets the same that is now ...like why not?

i dont want old toolbox only more visible modules at time in new one ...to make sure understandig

I also wanted to add that I do see your point here.

What I was talking about was the old SM toolbox where all the components occupied the same sized space, each one was scaled differently and you could only read the first 10 or so characters of each name. Now everything is relative, the scaling is constant and you can see all of the names. That has to be much better.

What you're saying is that this is fine but you want to be able to see more components at once. It's a fair request and I'll have a think about how we could do this.
admin
Site Admin

Postby jbonnell4394 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:35 pm

Awesome, Thanks so much for looking into this... :-) and yeah I had a thought last night that it might be the module names messing things up 90% of my knob collection either have no names or "animated knob" etc.
jbonnell4394

Postby trogluddite » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks,admin, for the clarification and the commitment to a fix.
Once this is done, I think it will be a lot easier to migrate, and to start sharing some of our 'alien technology' with folks here! ;)
trogluddite

Postby jbonnell4394 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:32 am

trogluddite wrote:Thanks,admin, for the clarification and the commitment to a fix.
Once this is done, I think it will be a lot easier to migrate, and to start sharing some of our 'alien technology' with folks here! ;)

ahhh ha ha ha ha, Alien Technology LOL gotta love it eh?

IT WORKS !!!! no problems with the toolbox if I make sure to have a a descriptive name for each of my Modules :-)
Thanks Admin.... :-)
jbonnell4394

PreviousNext

Return to General