Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Timing

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Timing

Postby rewiredrecords » Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:16 pm

This is excellent! Is there a way or a setting to make it only play when you have a MIDI note on the piano roll? Otherwise it just plays throughout the entire song
rewiredrecords

Postby billv » Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:30 pm

Try the on/off module.
billv

Postby rewiredrecords » Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:26 pm

Do you mean the one inside the Sample & Hold module? I don't see any other On / Off module, unless you mean the Start button module.

I thought i could use the MIDI Mono prim and use the 'Number of notes being played' as a bool to only allow it to work if there's at least 1 note being played but its not precisely synced, it's a little delayed.

Any help would be much appreciated
rewiredrecords

Postby billv » Fri Sep 13, 2024 4:19 am

There are 5 modules to the left of the seq...the On/off Array is the one I'm referring too.
billv

Postby rewiredrecords » Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:02 pm

I've managed to get it to play only when a MIDI note is being played by checking the status of the MIDI input and sending true/false to the bool inside the 'Start Button' module.

Only issue I'm getting now is that sometimes 1 extra MIDI note is triggered after the input MIDI note has ended.

I've included some test midi notes in the flowstone sequencer so you can hear the issue if you press play and listen to the end of each midi note

If you could take a look please it would be much appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/gpzdunkf ... aljfj&dl=0
rewiredrecords

Postby billv » Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:10 pm

FS4 crashes on load.
I have a safe version(3.06) on my laptop, but it crashed there as well.
Unless you fix your schematic, I can't help.
I can only service schematics made with 3.06
billv

Postby rewiredrecords » Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:29 pm

Ok , here's it remade in 3.06

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be the FS sequencer in this version so you would need to test in FL

Its just that sometimes after the input midi ends it still plays the next note in the sequence. Its not consistent though which is frustrating. I'm just looping the exact same 4 beat MIDI note pattern with a 4 beat gap between and sometimes it's perfect and other times it has the extra note after

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/98jskqt5 ... m22te&dl=0
rewiredrecords

Postby djbrynte » Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:38 pm

hi bill i hope u can fix this one pls :) very good seq.
djbrynte

Postby billv » Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:17 pm

It seems to work like it always did. I can't see the error in FS.
I did a FLStudio test and got some errors. The start button is faulty and the "Is playing" module
didn't function. So i went back to FS and opened it up to take a deeper look, bearing in mind
this schematic is 8years old.
In a nutshell. this Seq is NOT well designed. I'm not surprised, and was probably discontinued
soon after it was built,8 years ago.
All my stuff is "Experimental" or "Dodgey"...so I don't recommend to use it at all. :|
If you continue with this design, you will need to replace all buttons and selectors.
Having said that, there's a better Seq inside the "Greysynth"..
http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85460&p=215826&hilit=Greysynth#p215826
Having said that, if it all dosn't work out, present your problem in a new thread in the General section.
billv

Postby rewiredrecords » Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:49 pm

The 'Is Playing' module in my schematic wouldn't have worked in FL as i disabled it so it only plays if you have a midi note on the piano roll (instead of it always playing when you press play in FL regardless of any MIDI input)

I checked out that Grey Synth and tried using the Sequencer part of it but i still get the same issue - an extra sequencer note after the MIDI input has ended.

Have you tested Grey Synth being triggered by MIDI input or do you just have it always playing when FL is playing? Maybe you wouldn't notice the issue if you aren't using MIDI input but I can't see any way to use the sequencer in a full track if you can't control when it starts and stops in the song (like if you just wanted it to play in the middle of the song and nowhere else).

This issue could be on my part instead of an issue with your synth. The only thing I've added is the MIDI input trigger (true/false to start/stop the SEQ if it detects a midi note or not) that i put inside the Start Button module
rewiredrecords

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples