Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Anyone remember 'Randy'?

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Anyone remember 'Randy'?

Postby k brown » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:41 pm

Well, this ain't he, but a doubled version of his immediate predecessor, 'randomOsc4'.

I decided I no longer care much for the rather cartoon-y GUI I did for Randy, so while I was at it, I decide to make it a dual version.

I very much like dual-line synths, like Croma that I just updated, and most of the Yamaha CS-series.

This has all Martin's original presets, plus a couple of my own (trogg's wouldn't load because they were for the 8-poly version, Randy). All that's added to Martin's orig is Transpose (octave, semi or fine) and Pan for each line.

A meager example of what one can do with the dual-lines is my preset "Organ II", which is Martin's "Organ" preset, but with one line up a fifth, and the other down an octave - sounds even more 'Hammond-y'.

I decided not to include Chorus in the FX bar, because it has little utility for this machine that inherently produces wide, swirly sounds.

I may yet forge ahead and do a dual redo of Randy + (will be a lot of work) :( .

RandomDuel copy.jpg
RandomDuel copy.jpg (119.08 KiB) Viewed 9301 times

RandomDuel.fsm
(6 MiB) Downloaded 362 times
Last edited by k brown on Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Re: Anyone remember 'Randy'?

Postby R&R » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:51 pm

I do like that Organ II sound... Mellow! 8-)

PS
Strings preset seemed to be messed up for me...
R&R

Postby k brown » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:34 pm

Yeah, I just discovered that, too. That gor saved with the Oct knob in an in between setting; just setting it back to center fixes it.

Schem has been replaced in above post.

Here's the "+" version with a second mod LFO, and a separate mod matrix for each line. Like Randy + was, but this is still the 4-poly version.

RandomDuel + copy.jpg
RandomDuel + copy.jpg (152.21 KiB) Viewed 9222 times

RandomDuel +.fsm
(6.64 MiB) Downloaded 357 times

8-poly Randy + II is coming along soon. It's a drag, though because I can't use it; on my machine with more than three notes held down, the volume jumps way up. I'd forgotten this issue when Randy was first being worked on. As I recall, it turned out to be a quirk of my computer - if others generated .dlls from it it worked fine; Spogg made a .dll and sent it to me just so I could play it. Very strange.
Last edited by k brown on Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
k brown

Postby k brown » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:17 am

Here it is.

Randy + II. Dual version of the 8-poly Randy +.

Trog did some nice presets back on the original thread, but they were pretty glitchy in this so, not wanting put his work a poor light, they will have to remain the territory of original Randy +.

Screenshot copy.jpg
Screenshot copy.jpg (127.83 KiB) Viewed 9225 times

Randy + II.fsm
(2.57 MiB) Downloaded 355 times
k brown

Postby R&R » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:28 am

Nice!

k brown wrote:This has all Martin's original presets, plus a couple of my own (trogg's wouldn't load because they were for the 8-poly version, Randy). All that's added to Martin's orig is Transpose (octave, semi or fine) and Pan for each line.

k brown wrote:Trog did some nice presets back on the original thread, but they were pretty glitchy in this so, not wanting put his work a poor light, they will have to remain the territory of original Randy +.

Yeah presets are a pain... :| even on my lo-fi newbie synth which only has a simple toolbox synth structure, but insanely large schematic instead. Any small change and all presets have to be adjusted/redone :roll: :)
R&R

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:37 am

Thanks, Kevin, for making Randy look good! I use the strings a lot im my recordings, now I have something nice to look at while I do. :D
martinvicanek

Postby k brown » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:38 am

T'was my pleas :) ure!

I really like setting the two lines to very different sounds and blending them together.
Last edited by k brown on Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
k brown

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:47 am

Yeah, I need to spend more time to fully appreciate your additions. Your organ 2 preset is much closer to an organ sound!
martinvicanek

Return to User Examples