Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

The Quilcom BLUR

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

The Quilcom BLUR

Postby Spogg » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:27 pm

Hello!

Tulamide told me about this lovely effect which is available in FL Studio, in the Edison audio editor, and is an offline process which creates a new audio clip with the effect added.

We thought it would be nice if the effect could be applied to a live input as an insert plugin. You can in fact do this in FL Studio but it seems like a rather tedious process, so a plugin dedicated purely to this type of effect could be more immediate, and thus easier to use, and available to everyone who wants to try it.

It creates a blurred sound from any input, but is most striking when processing arpeggios with short notes, creating pad-like sounds. You can use it on live input but if you want to align it with your source timing you can record the wet output and drag the clip in the DAW forward in time by half the envelope time (for bell-shaped envelopes). Probably best to watch my video!

Once again I have to thank our truly remarkable friend Martin Vicanek for making the convolution engine (some time ago). viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3879&hilit=convolution

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2hfku1npixny ... 0.zip?dl=0

Video:

https://youtu.be/cs6TXknMOrM
Spogg

Re: The Quilcom BLUR

Postby R&R » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:50 pm

omg I have to try this with your Quilcom COD
R&R

Re: The Quilcom BLUR

Postby StereoSpace » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:08 pm

What if you add a clean signal delay control and connect it to the delay compensation, for better synchronization?
First thought. Maybe I'm thinking in the wrong direction)
GUI designer
StereoSpace

Return to User Examples